Best Stalking Sticks

375 mag

Right everyone im looking for some new stalking sticks, tripod with lever locking and swivel v - top !

So what you all using and whats the best out there ?

Thanks

Right everyone im looking for some new stalking sticks, tripod with lever locking and swivel v - top !

So what you all using and whats the best out there ?

Thanks

This will be interesting, Im looking for something similar without paying daft money.

nutty

I've got a pair of Vanguard bipod sticks, love they are solid, well built and the top swivels. You can get the with legs operated with a trigger but mine have less to go wrong.

2 x 6ft Hazel sticks with a hoover junior drive belt ( thickish rubber band ) wrapped round twice. Belt slides up and down adjusting the height to accomodate shooting positions from, prone, sitting, kneeling, leaning, standing and they`re quiet, they cost next to buggerall and there`s nowt to go wrong, can also be used for hanging beasts on for suspended gralloch

Bob

Make yourself a set of quad sticks i no they can be awkward to move around but if you want steadiness you wont beter these sticks atb Trevor

Make yourself a set of quad sticks i no they can be awkward to move around but if you want steadiness you wont beter these sticks atb Trevor
:thumb: home made quad sticks , practice in your garden or better still on rabbits with the .17 or .22 you will get quite adept at manouvering them after a short while and NOTHING else will be as steady.

Ive got loads of bought and homemade sticks just none which have the locking legs and swivel top just looking for something different and yes i no they wont be cheap !

Ive got loads of bought and homemade sticks just none which have the locking legs and swivel top just looking for something different and yes i no they wont be cheap !

You could try the carbon fibre tripod by Bogpod. Reloading solutions sell them.

Just made some quad sticks with Fox bank sticks. Very stable!

Hello Cry Havoc

Just had a look at the Vanguard ones the v on the top looks a bit flimsy the u shaped one mite be better if yo can get it !

Hello Cry Havoc

Just had a look at the Vanguard ones the v on the top looks a bit flimsy the u shaped one mite be better if yo can get it !
The top is u shaped and sinot flimsy, you can take off and there is a camera adapter underneath. The top comfortably fits my Mauser. The legs are the best I've used, they are light and rigid, they also clip together at the cross tie which stops them clanging together when you're out

Eee by gum lad, it's neither, I just like using good gear that does the job :).

That`s fair comment:thumb: you can`t beat using good gear, that`s why I`ve been using a pair of hazel sticks for the past 40 odd years

I`ll bet a pound to a pinch of s**t your £100 sticks wont last 5 years, ... if that !

Bob

That`s fair comment:thumb: you can`t beat using good gear, that`s why I`ve been using a pair of hazel sticks for the past 40 odd years

I`ll bet a pound to a pinch of s**t your £100 sticks wont last 5 years, ... if that !

Bob

You're on, I'll be back on 9 Jan 2018 to claim a Yorkshire pound and I'll put my half of the bet aside :cool:.

Back