solo lamping

Bramble

Have done search on this site but could'nt get a definitive answer,i shoot alone and use NV with IR to find fox's,am struggling with clulite lamp over 150 yards making positive body ID.Does anyone use a small scope mounted lamp, preferably with internal batteries which is bright enough to ID (not just eyes) upto 200 yards.Thanks

Have a word with Eric the Red, supplied me with an excellent scope mounted led:thumb:.
Sinbad.

i also have a tiablo a10g great light but now use a dereelight with aspherical lens even better and you can choose your LED

Tiablo A9 aspherical lense with a tape switch is what i use and its good well past 200m , the deerlights are also very good also make sure you get an aspherical lense as it will increase you range and tighten up the spot ,

LF170 on the scope works for me.
I also have one of meresides door rests that Ive 'adapted' to be able to slot the handle of the 170 in when out on my own.
For closer stuff (up to 150yds) its id with the 170 then use a small 300lumen led torch velcroed to the scope for the shot.

I'm in full save up mode at the moment though after being out for the night with a PVS14.....absolutely unfair to any critter but superb for the job.

LF170 on the scope works for me.
I also have one of meresides door rests that Ive 'adapted' to be able to slot the handle of the 170 in when out on my own.
For closer stuff (up to 150yds) its id with the 170 then use a small 300lumen led torch velcroed to the scope for the shot.

I'm in full save up mode at the moment though after being out for the night with a PVS14.....absolutely unfair to any critter but superb for the job.
If you think the PVS14 is unfair you want to try a Longbow fitted with a US Gen3 Mil-Spec tube i can flatten foxes out to 400yds on the right night we use a Maxikite for spotting don't even use my 14 now.ATB Ed

Back