Northumberland Stalkers

stuey

Hi,

Just wondering if there are many stalkers in the Northumberland area?

Wondering what people do for shooting, whether you have your own land, or go out on guided stalks in the region. If so, has anyone got any contacts. Got my own land but fancy something different every know and again, but mainly to improve my knowledge gained from more experienced stalking professionals.

Also can anbyone recommend stalkers in the area who are capable of witnessing stalks for DSC 2 Certification?

cheers

Stu

Thanks Gez, I have been out a number of times with Jon, did my DSC 1 with him and am on a larder course with him next week. Just wondered if there was anyone else in Northumberland.

cheers

Stu

Sorry Stuey, I should have remembered that you mentioned that in your post last week! He's the only one I know of in the Northumberland area, but then again, I'm not particularly knowledgeable! :rolleyes:

I'm sure one of the more seasoned members will be along shortly to help out, there seem to be a few people from up here on the board.

Gez

Stuey,

Get in touch with the North East branch of the BDS. This is a very active branch that has a number of activities throughout the year, and if my memory serves me there are a lot of members from Northumberland.

Regards

Cheers mate, will investigate the BDS once my BASC membership runs out in a couple of months or so.

regards

Stu

Well any other northumberland stalkers on the forum or is it just me!!

Was supposed to be out for the does this weekend but with my father in hospital and a clay pigeon shoot to organise, it will have to wait till next Sunday when naturally there will be not a doe in sight and a wood full of bucks :rolleyes:

regards

Stu

Well I'm a Tyneside stalker, but the closest I get to shooting in Northumberland is driving through it on my way to the Borders.

The stalking is easier to get up there than in Northumberland, where you tend to find a lot of the areas are covered by more traditional estate/management/sporting set-ups.

Ironically, it has some great stalking but it's controlled by relatively few people. There are always exceptions, and once you start making contact, opprtunities open up, but I can see how to a newcomer it's hard to break in unless you want to go down the paid/orgainsed route.

The issue of one person having thousands of acres of stalking is one which regulary crops up for debate here.

The stalkers I know here always go further South or North.

Hi Stuey and Snowstorm.

I live in Durham and often travel as well to the Borders. I have been thinking for some time now about trying to organise a group of like minded people from Durham and Northumberland to have get togethers and possibly share some stalking. You never know it might end in some lasting friendships..

Anyone ???????

north east stalking

hi there im from washington and stalk in and around the northeast but travel to the borders at least once a week. i have a bit of stalking in northumberland but all the stalking up there is great....

hi stu am a stalker from holystone north tyneside and also travel to scotland for my stalking, i done my level 2 with a fc ranger but had to go to peebles to do so, but there were alot of deer on the ground i got my three deer in one outing, his name is tony lightley and is on the list of accredited witnesses. nice guy and dont take the pittle out of you

Hi there, new stalker from Hebburn (S. Tyneside) been out twice in the last month and still to break my duck but i am loving it.

Hi Rooster,

Took me a fair few trips out to get my first deer. Learning the land, getting used to the movement of deer and a number of frustrations along the way; like when i clanked my shooting sticks with the butt of my rifle and sent a perfectly broadside doe running for cover!!

Worth it in the end when I got a lovely Roe Buck.

cheers

Stu

hi stuey tom reveley im from tyneside also and travel to d@g for my stalking there are about 12 people in northumberland /durham who are accredited witnesses if you pm me or ring me on 07880787586 i have alist of wittnesses and you should have been sent a list two with your level 2 portfolio book
atb tom
rooster i will give you a ring in april

Hi stuey,Ive got 2 lumps of land in the scottish borders with plenty of roe on them if you ever fancy a change of scenery,Get intouch with me if you want.A change is good as a rest.

Colin Kerr who used to be the stalker at Hulne Abbey Duke of Northumberlands Estate, Alnwick. Excellant stalker first class and a good man as well. Pm me and I will give you his mobile number. I have known Colin for a number of years and taken many clients onto the estate, and stalked with Colin and on my own with clients.

Sikamalc

I to have stalked with collin on the dukes estate, we used to take about 10 days a year on the does, he,s a top bloke and knows his stuff. dont know where he lives now though

Back