Wanted: Level 2 stalking within 50 or so miles of Slough

Wills

Dear all,

As the title suggests I am looking for an AW to take me on Level 2 stalks. Only really available weekends and as am contracting and living out of hotels, I am unable to use my own rifle.

As it gets lighter I may be able to do the odd evening. Not interested in trophies, only cull beasts. Think for the plate not for the wall.

Thanks for your help.

Wills

....only if Slough has moved northward in some subtle seismic event .......or YDS have a Southern Office!! John?

Not doubting the quality of YDS's offering though......
Oh christ, i missed that bit!
I just looked at his location of Yorkshire, apologies over that one, i need more sleep!
Cheers
Richard

Thanks I know John and have outings with him at home. Surely there must be someone in bucks, Kent or Oxford for example.

I can't recommend anyone personally but there are quite a few listed in the Feb 2011 AW list for Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Kent

I think KevinF off the site is an AW, try PMing him. He's based near newbury i think so not far from Slough.

I think KevinF off the site is an AW, try PMing him. He's based near newbury i think so not far from Slough.

KevinF is an AW, just near j14 M4 (about 1 hour from slough) - completed ICR1 with him the other day - a very nice man indeed, he did look a bit confused when he tried to unload my R93 without depressing the cocking lever to cycle the bolt, bloody turnbolters!!

Last edited:
KevinF is an AW, just near j14 M4 (about 1 hour from slough) - completed ICR1 with him the other day - a very nice man indeed, he did look a bit confused when he tried to unload my R93 without depressing the cocking lever to cycle the bolt, bloody turnbolters!!

I had a similar experience when a police officer pulled the stalker and I over about 4 in the morning, to and I quote confirm the quad we had on a trailer pulled by the truck which had forestry commission written down the side was not knicked as a few had gone missing over the past month. On answering his question of what we were up to and told him stalking, out came the FAC and then he ask me to step out of the car and show that the rifle was unloaded. I passed it to him and he looked rather perplexed tried to open the bolt then decided to let me do it.

Still, I guess he was just doing his job and to be fair, when something of yours is knicked, you want the police to carry out a man hunt.

Thanks for your help all, I have seen the list but I like to know others who have been with them and that there is nothing untoward.

To be fair to PC Plod, shouldn't you have opened the bolt before passing the rifle to him? One of the first rules of gun handling that I learned...

I was under the impression it was a big No No to travel with the bolt in the rifle??

I was told to keep the bolt and the ammo secure in the glove box.

Back