Showing off my new Kit !

Glen Cadwallader

Many thanks to Gregor at R Macleod & Son Tain for the fantastic service and also JAYB on site here at the stalking directory for the fine recommendation.

Pic Should be attached.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 370
Thanks Brian,

Yes I agree, it is quite a pill to swallow spending so much at once but as you say hopefully that lot will last me a good ten years!

Thanks very much Dovebob.

It is a .270 Sako 85 .. Synthetic stock/Stainless Barrel., Scope is Swarovski 3-12 x 50 with Plex Reticule.

Very nice too! :cool:

I have the same rifle in 30-06 and have been very pleased with it.

Don't worry about JAYB, judging by that little haul he will be popping in to Gregor's to redeem his commission tomorrow! :lol: ;)

all the best,

Alex

They are a cracking rifle in that cal, i've had two. Long story. Thought they were one of the most accurate rifles i've had. Reliability was a problem with mine, but i believe that Sako have addressed the problem.Happy hunting
Al

Quality that kit should serve you well...You cant beat Gregor order in the morning and you you get your kit next day.
Al

Cracking set up there. The only thing is if you cant put deer in the bag with that set up you know you are a sh1t stalker!!;):rofl:

Dave

CSL.. Thanks.. I am sure JAYB will cash in his gregor points soon enough.. very good price I got though. Impressed.

Ranger.. I take it you are FC supplied ?! What have they moved onto now?

Al, thanks for the comment, yes I went up to see him in person, a good set up he has in Tain, cracking staff, very helpful, noting was too much trouble, I think I tried every set of bino's in the shop!

Dave, lol.. Indeed you can see the tics on them at 200 yards with this baby! As far as light gathering goes, I am so impressed with the Swarovski kit.

Yep. We have a mixture of rifles, Remington, Tikka and Sauer. Mine is a Remy 700 sps stainless in 270 same as my own rifle apart from calibre.Great work horses
Al

Very nice too! :cool:

I have the same rifle in 30-06 and have been very pleased with it.

Don't worry about JAYB, judging by that little haul he will be popping in to Gregor's to redeem his commission tomorrow! :lol: ;)

all the best,

Alex

I don't know what you mean, I hardly know the man :) I don't know whether I should admit this or not but I have actually had my hands on Glens weapon :eek: and it is very nice!.

John

Looking like a Swarovski advert...........now theres an idea!!:D

Good to see you followed the general rule and not spend all the money on the rifle and bugger all left for the scope! (the norm).

Hope it serves you well.

GG

Glen,

Spot on.

I've never been to Mcleods shop (its about 300 miles from me) but have had stuff on mail order, which has been superb.

All the best with it and I hope you post some results soon.

Cheers,

Bob

JAYB did Gregor look after you :lol:

Remmy, thanks for that, yes I know what you are saying I deliberatley budgeted for decent optics having seen many a guest arrive with a Tasco scope which has promptly exploded after a few test shots!

Bob, if you ever need anything checked out at R Macleods just let myself or JAYB know, we are no far away.

Toby,Pete, thank you very much gents.

Nice stuff Glen. I've got a very good friend has one, bought 18 months ago in .25-06Rem.
He has an 8x56 illuminated S&B scope, moderator & bipod. A proper assassination tool.
Not a set up for me (Too heavy). But excellent kit all the same.

I first met Gregor Macleod (Winkie) at his Tain shop 9 years ago when I went to speak to him & decide the spec. on the Blaser K95 I wanted. He was good value then & still is. I recently bought a Z6 3-12x50, from him, paid for it & it arrived next morning.
Probably he's one of the most knowledgeable blokes to speak to about Blaser rifles, but just a decent bloke anyway.
Cheers.

deeangeo,

It is keeping me fit hauling it around the hills here!

That is great to hear another positive report re Gregor, I doubt he is a forum member but its good I feel to discuss good service on here to the benifit of others.

He was showing me the Blaser and initially I was tempted but I just couldnt get the action.. He assured me it would come and in the end be better.. Plus the scope mounting system etc seems very impressive.

But the traditionalist resistent to change went for the sako.

Back