Which high seat

Boarboy

I'm looking for a simple lean to high seat. Looking for best value really, some of the fold up lighter ones as opposed to galvanised whole one. .??

Best one is a treated wooden pine one you build yourself. It will be cheaper, bigger and you won't worry if it gets stolen.

I have two portable leantos. The bushwear that cost a bit to import and the lone hunter which also cost a bit to import. Both are portable but the bushwear for me is just crap. It doesn't pack well, it makes a lot of noise and it is not that light or stable. I don't like having my feet resting on a rung for hours at a time. The lone hunter is quite high and needs the proper safety harness. It also is non adjustable in height, and has no shooting rail.

In the end I prefer either millennium hangon or a lone wolf hang on. But don't come with a shooting rail.

Last edited:
I brought one of them gmk seats collapses down like in that video. Off eBay for £79 + postage worked out at £90 great value.

matt

I'm looking for a simple lean to high seat. Looking for best value really, some of the fold up lighter ones as opposed to galvanised whole one. .??

I had to modify a shop brought seat, made 3 units from left over steel with ally builders ladders and one from all new steel.

I have seen a Seeland type unit some time back and the chap set it up quite quickly, however looking at their picture closely, for me the front bar would have to much bounce in the way it is made up.
With all of my 5 seats the trees needed a bit of prep as there is all ways something in the way, know they are settled I plan the time in them (abt 70 mins until last light) as it is %99 Muntjac.

Apart from 1 seat I had shot deer off my sticks from those positions the other seats are in, for me being mobile is more productive and more fun....
However it is very satisfying shooting a deer from something you have made and set up.

Tim.243

Back