help please...swarovski 8x56 or zeiss duralyt 3-12x50?

tedders50

hi! im new on here and just looking for some help really, i currently have a swarovski 8x56 30mm on my rifle and i love it brilliant at low light etc etc but i do occasionally wish i had the option of a bit more magnification, i was looking at the z6's but its alot of outlay for me to justify. i have recently come across the zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 30mm scope and was impressed (looking through at daytime) but i didnt know if it would be taking a step backwards if you know what i mean? i was wondering if anyone has experience of the two? if you were in my situation what would you do? bare in mind i also shoot a fair amount of foxes at night so would like to keep the clarity under the lamp i get with the swarovski? any help would be appreciated cheers!

all my stalking is done with an 8x56 s&b this scope does everything i need shooting out to 400 m no probs .... i have used vari mag but i never had it off 8... stick to the fixed mate.....we all luv fancy bells n whistle pmII's etc and they are great... i must admit i would have one for a long range foxer and prob will oneday.... but on my stalking rifle the fixed mag is great.

i love it for my stalking and agree its a great all rounder but theres times i wish i could zoom in (and out!) i guess how i should of worded it was i would like to change to a variable mag scope but am i taking a step back/ or loosing out on anything from going to a zeiss duralyt scope or am i better hanging on to what I've got?

Own a fixed Swaro and my pal has the Duralyt, the glass in the swaro ****es on the Duralyts, clearer and brighter. If you can put up with the fixed mag, thick ret you would need to spend more than Duralyt money to beat it.

Can't fault my Swarovski 8x56. Never seen the need to have an adjustable scope.

Willie

Go with the 8x56 swaro buddy , I've got a couple of vari mags and they are always on 8 mag, I have an 8x56 for stalking and I've never been in a situation where I wished I had more or less mag be it in the woods or open hill etc , its just another thing to fiddle with and adds more weight as well, also swarovski after sales are second to none believe me...

Can only comment from a fixed 8x56 S and B user.

I have one (illuminated) on my stalking rifle 30-06

Another one on my .243 which is soley a foxing set up. Shot one at 273m the other night. Admitedly the crosshairs are a little large but it's top notch glass so the sight picture compensates a little.

Jonathon

hi! im new on here and just looking for some help really, i currently have a swarovski 8x56 30mm on my rifle and i love it brilliant at low light etc etc but i do occasionally wish i had the option of a bit more magnification, i was looking at the z6's but its alot of outlay for me to justify. i have recently come across the zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 30mm scope and was impressed (looking through at daytime) but i didnt know if it would be taking a step backwards if you know what i mean? i was wondering if anyone has experience of the two? if you were in my situation what would you do? bare in mind i also shoot a fair amount of foxes at night so would like to keep the clarity under the lamp i get with the swarovski? any help would be appreciated cheers!

I hav both
Zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 ill and Z6i 3-12x50
to me neither is any cause for concern day or under low light or lamping conditions
clarity is good ... illumination is good
Ziess have the edge on price but Swarovski hav the edge on quality
your choice
if they ever build the Duralyt with a ballistic turret then I would probably only ever buy that model
because for the money they would be awsome
I don't think you will be dissapointed with the Duralyt but if you can stretch to a Z6i then do it in my opinion

appreciate all the the help guys! ive managed to find a local chap with a zeiss so gonna take a look one evening alongside my swarovski and see howe much difference there is.

Back