first roe buck with sikamalc

hi guys just a quick few words about my morning out with sikamalc
it was a windy morning the morning was 9th june 2013 i got to malc around 3.55am did not even get a chance to knock on the door when malc met me with a very warm welcome and i must not for get the warm cuppa we sat and chatted for a while over the cuppa all the time malc was watching the light.he then gave me the nod around 4.30 and dog at heal we set out about 10 minutes after a chat and drive in the car we got to were we needed to be.we parked up let dog out ang gun ruger m77 .270 over my shoulder so we set of across the field towards a wooded aera on the way we saw a nice looking roe in the distance my heart was beating blood pumping but it turned to be a nice yearling doe so on we went saw noting crossed over a wooden bridge came across this lovely hay medow gave a few munites scaning but noting we were about an hour into our stalking when up from the high grass poped yet another roe doe very nice condition so on to the next field we went spotting as we went so we got to the next feild stoped and scaned but again noting so we walked on and suddenly a four pointed buck jumped up from the hedge row he with luck stopped and looked back stick up gun at ready finger on trigger but i was shaking like a leaf so was not happy to take the shot best have a dead deer than one wonded and gone..so he ran of so of we went after him luckly he stopped at the edge of the wood sticks up gun ready but not a clean shot so i think buck fever was setting in or so andystalker told me thats what i am suffering from lol.. morning was getting on so of we set yet again and about 15 minutes later we came across yet another buck luckily this time he did not see us so sticks up yet again gun ready and i told myself you shot bigger deer than a roe so dont let buck fever set in he was about 70 yards finger on trigger with malc at my side pulled the trigger down it went like a stone had a very nice neck shot and my first ever roe buck was a great felling many thanks to sikamalcfor a great morning and great bacon and eggs i will try upload a photo i am not sure how to do it yet

Good stuff Vincent, and a nicely placed shot on the buck who had a rather odd head with a massive spike on one side and 3 points on the other. He was in good nick as well and carrying some fat. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

ATB

Sikamalc

thanks malc i will see you on 27th july for another cracking mornings stalking sorry for any spelling mistakes ferrtes are lovin the head they soon will clean it up for me i am wating for my mate to get back to me to fill the other space on the july date

cheers mate i had a lot of fallow sika when i l lived in ireland but i never had a roe i did get a chance last week with my mate andy but buck fever set in cheers andy..malc you can open that day end of july my mate is away and cant make it

Well done mate I also lost my Roe buck virginity with Malc this time last year, its a good feeling isn't it.

Back