How about a WIP of a few knives..?

Stuart Mitchell

Evenin' all

As a new member, and a maker of knives, I was wondering if a WIP thread of knives might be of interest and within forum rules?

My plan is to offer a few for sale but as I am pretty unknown I thought it might be a good way of getting to know me, of me showing my workshop, my practices and what goes into the knives...

I don't really just want to turn up and offer stuff for sale, I'd rather contribute first, if of interest and acceptable this could be a good way of doing so..?

I prep'd half a dozen blanks today, of the two patterns I will eventually offer here, if I am good to go then I can get cracking with said thread tonight...

​Cheers all, Stu.

Stu

Go for it. I'm always keen to watch a craftsman at work and there's something extra special about watching red hot metal and glass being worked into something useful.

Regards

John

Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think I obviously cannot afford it
ATB Jim

Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think If I obviously cannot afford it
ATB Jim
+1.
Brilliant work mate, they are stunning bits of kit. Have a good friend that makes 'fine cutlery' (damascus) and the work that goes into it is unimaginable!

Stu

Go for it. I'm always keen to watch a craftsman at work and there's something extra special about watching red hot metal and glass being worked into something useful.

Regards

John
Cheers John, there'll be no glass I am afraid but my plan would be to welcome all right into my workshop, into the old works that I work from, I think many would find it very interesting...

Have a ball stu i like's knife blades :norty: working one's not rambo !

I'm with you...

Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think I obviously cannot afford it
ATB Jim

Will do Jim, I have a very clear goal in mind for this project, which includes a sub 'particular figure' price, my reasoning and it will be up front...

Evenin' all

As a new member, and a maker of knives, I was wondering if a WIP thread of knives might be of interest and within forum rules?

My plan is to offer a few for sale but as I am pretty unknown I thought it might be a good way of getting to know me, of me showing my workshop, my practices and what goes into the knives...

I don't really just want to turn up and offer stuff for sale, I'd rather contribute first, if of interest and acceptable this could be a good way of doing so..?

I prep'd half a dozen blanks today, of the two patterns I will eventually offer here, if I am good to go then I can get cracking with said thread tonight...

​Cheers all, Stu.

nah.... I'm not interested in knives!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by limulus
Will they be Sheffield steel then :D
​Yes, 100%...
Looking forward to this, little mester.

Back