Boyds stock for howa 1500

dan71

Im getting a howa .243 and thought about upgrading the stock at a later date. Has anyone got or had 1? They seem a good price but are they any good?

Don't Boyds supply the stocks for factory fitted Howa laminate rifles anyway?

Im getting a howa .243 and thought about upgrading the stock at a later date. Has anyone got or had 1? They seem a good price but are they any good?

I have a PSE composite stock on my Howa 1500 and its very light and very rigid.

It was on the rifle when I bought it from a SD member but I think they are about £350/400

Very happy with the rifle and the stock

I think boyds do supply factory stocks. I just thought it may be cheaper to buy 1 direct.

You may have some difficulty buying direct from Boyds if the cost is above $100.

I think boyds do supply factory stocks. I just thought it may be cheaper to buy 1 direct.

Yes they do supply them and they're about half price if you go direct. I had one for my Tikka and a friend then bought one for his Howa in 243 and they're excellent value for money. Not quite a Joe West adjustable but then only 1/3 the price.

I've nothing but praise for Boyds and their stocks.

I've had a few and put them on friends rifles , overall they are good stocks for the money . They fit well in my experience and are very durable , I'll buy from them again .

AB

I just put a green laminate on my Hart-barreled Howa .223. Dropped in ready for bedding. How does a Boyds stock cost 300 pounds?? Ninety-seven dollars if it isn't a lefty. (I had the 'Grim Reaper" laser engraved next to the bolt cut on mine so that was an extra $20US.) I also installed one on my Parker Hale 308 Norma Magnum. Dropped in ready to bed.~Muir

I just put a green laminate on my Hart-barreled Howa .223. Dropped in ready for bedding. How does a Boyds stock cost 300 pounds?? Ninety-seven dollars if it isn't a lefty. (I had the 'Grim Reaper" laser engraved next to the bolt cut on mine so that was an extra $20US.) I also installed one on my Parker Hale 308 Norma Magnum. Dropped in ready to bed.~Muir
I bought mine last time I was in TX the only fly in the ointment in the UK is that Boyds won't ship Internationally if the cost is over $100, bit of a problem as prices increase. Great fit though :D

I bought mine last time I was in TX the only fly in the ointment in the UK is that Boyds won't ship Internationally if the cost is over $100, bit of a problem as prices increase. Great fit though :D

I just checked the price on a 'classic laminate" for my girl friend's Winchester: $92 US.~Muir

I have one on my Howa and one on a Tikka. I thought they were good value, though not a premium product by any stretch!

I bedded mine (thread is on here somewhere.) If you go for a thumbhole stock, a good cheek weld may demand a pad (which can interfere with bolt removal.)

With int. shipping and tax plus import duty its
approx £130-135.

They won't ship int. if over $100USD item, nor will they ship items with "tactical" in the name or description.

Back