Head query

Hillhunter

Is there an equivalent bullet to the berger 155 hybrid ? These shoot excellent in my bartlein 32 inch 1 in 12 , but they are getting hard to get also they seem to be very expensive , any help would be appreciated.

Is there an equivalent bullet to the berger 155 hybrid ? These shoot excellent in my bartlein 32 inch 1 in 12 , but they are getting hard to get also they seem to be very expensive , any help would be appreciated.

[h=2]Head query!!! why do you have ahead ache?[/h]
What exactly is a Berger Hybrid bullet?

Ahhh rather than post and wait I did a web search.

As they are a non expanding match bullet then perhaps it's time to consider purchasing a larger enough quantity, assuming one can afford that is, to make supply guaranteed for you and to hopefully get a price break.

That's about all I can suggest apart from it's a Bullet and not a head. The primer goes into the head of the cartridge ;).

Proposed new year resolution - I must not get agitated or upset when people refer to bullets as heads. :evil:

Proposed new year resolution - I must not get agitated or upset when people refer to bullets as heads. :evil:
It won't last.
cant we put a picture up as a pinned post labelling all parts of a cartridge somewhere with a request to use standard terminology .... Or else

Good idea Druid.
How about a one week ban from the site for using incorrect terminology first offence, and a lifetime ban for habitual offenders.
For lesser crimes against shooting a fine payable to H4H will be imposed. :stir: :rofl:

Many thanks for the education , you might call them bullets however most of us call them heads , but rather than getting corrected again I will use the term bullet if it pleases on this site:evil:

One way of remembering it is that the head of the cartridge is where you find the headstamp and it fits against the breach face. :lol:

I suppose you could always call them (bullets that is) tips instead. That would only lead to apoplexy in those who like correct terminology to be used. :rofl:

Last edited:
Hillhunter have you tried the Sierra 155g Palma Matchking, not a hybrid but an excellent bullet in its own right and probably half the price of the Bergers.
A lot of shooters turn their noses up at SMKs, they think because they are cheap thay cant be any good, over the years Sierra Matchkings have probably won more competitions then all the other boutique manufacturers bullets put together.

Ian.

Back