Red stags cast antlers

devon deer stalker

Hi Chaps,
I had a bit of a find yesterday, i have seen this stag all season, i even had my cross hairs on him once when he was in velvet, i saw him again with 7 other stags a few weeks ago when i took one of his friends in the picture below.
So i was with another stalker yesterday and saw the first cast antler, and within a 100 yards found the other!

His friend

Cheers

Richard

Finding one shed antler is special enough, but to find both is something else; the pair of antlers in my avatar image were within 100 yards of each other...an August Bank Holiday Monday I shan't quickly forget

I was looking for shed antlers one day and looked down at a crossed pair of antlers. A stag had shed a 3 point antler and 4 point antler at the same time. I picked up the pair with one hand.

Regards

JCS

Along a fence line that the deer normally cross is a good place to look for cast antlers, landing after jumping the fence will often dislodge the antlers when the time is right, I could pick up 90% of my cast antlers along 100 yard length of fence that the stags jumped when coming to get fed.

Back