My Stag Outing For This Year

Just a quick note to thank Neil (Z-Plex) for our outing on red stags last week
I visited Neil earlier this year on business and enjoyed the scenery and a short trip
on his fishing boat so much i asked about an outing doing stags in October so myself and
Keiron (kezer9) set off on the long drive to be with Neil for 10am . After a quick cuppa we were
off to the hill , Kezer was to shoot first . We got to the valley Neil wanted to walk through and spotted
a stag lying down and backtracked to get on him but came on another stag on his own after a short crawl
Keiron got on the bipod and waited until he stood broadside , took his shot , one stag down , got him dealt with
now my turn . We walked on for another hour or so with stags roaring all around us and spotting a few on hill tops
then spotted a youngster lying under a tree stump a long way off , we stalked in then a bit more crawling , on to bipod
just in time to see him get on his feet and make off up the hill ,Neil gave him a shout , perfect timing for me to get the shot
another stag down , and two happy stalkers . Kezer hope you have some pics you could add
Neil thanks again a great day out , hope to see you for boar soon

I didnt take a camera on the hill mate , think Keiron may post some
see you soon for hinds , lots showing just now

Enjoyed the day out with you and Keiron, Colin, and was very pleased you both got one. Good shooting from both of you, too.

I'll get down and have that boar trip with you when I get a spot of free time, who knows when that will be!

Hi Neil
Kezer,s was fairly easy compared with mine:D
We would like to come back next year if possible ,maybe stay an extra day and see how you
are fixed to do a bit of fishing aswell
See you for boar anytime your able
Colin

Colin, nice to hear you,ve had some trigger time yourself for a change, Bud! Sounds a good outing, well done!
Kev.

Hi Kev
Neil has some great stalking up there and amazing scenery , we could see Cape Wrath
from the hill we were on
Thought you were away to NZ

Hi Kev
Neil has some great stalking up there and amazing scenery , we could see Cape Wrath
from the hill we were on
Thought you were away to NZ
Sounds awesome Colin! We're off to Oz on Monday, just hope my brother inlaw, has sorted out some roo shootin!
Kev.

Back