le chamau,worth it or not?

arron

all right lads n lasses , having bought 3 pairs of said wellys over the last 4 yrs,i am wondering if they are that much better than cheaper ones or have i been unlucky ,all the ones of mine have split by the base of my big toe on both feet,whats your opinions please and what do you recomend ? thanks in advance, arron.

Got fed up with chamau a few years ago so changed to aigle isos and usually get two seasons out of them
My mate bought chamau leather lined and they were letting in water in 7 months !!!! At around £300 a pair you would expect them to do better than that ?
Regards andy

Yes the are well worth the price. But please be advised you must look after them the are not wire fence proof, or bomb proof! the are warn and very comfortable.

On second pair they will be the last not up to the job dry and crack and even a small stick punctures them. Aigle i think for me next time

no!!!!!! original ones were great I have a pair that are 7 years old. the new ones don't even seem to last a season with the keepers up here!

Dw

Old ones were good new ones are not !
I think butler creek scope covers have gone the same way too

Old ones were good new ones are not !
I think butler creek scope covers have gone the same way too

I agree regarding butler creek the new one are dirt. Boots must be first cleaned, dried and oiled then the wont crack or become permeable to water

Better than aigles , if you are making holes in cheap wellies you will make holes in expensive wellies.

I've had a pair of Vierzonords for five years and they're still going fine. I bought them after freezing my toes off wildfowling one season, and decided to upgrade. They're very comfortable, warm, and hardwearing enough for what I demand of them. I have plenty of other Le Chameau clothing, and all of it is great.

Cleaned , dried,oiled ????
how come I don't have to do that to my aigles ?
most chamau I've heard problems about have split at the back where heel joins ?
maybe they forgot to clean dry and oil them

Had my old Vierzonords for 13 years and they are still going! I've just bought some new ones as they are now a bit perished and worn. I hope the new ones last the same, but doubt they will.
MS

Got a pair of Hunters and pair of Chams the haters are far more robust and supportive, but both need looking after, used a lot I reckon three to four years and I treat them twice a year to renovation sprays. Long distance walking Hunters are better.

Cleaned , dried,oiled ????
how come I don't have to do that to my aigles ?
most chamau I've heard problems about have split at the back where heel joins ?
maybe they forgot to clean dry and oil them

I would think because le Chameau are made form real leather and leather has to be cared for. Aigles are made from rubber the same as a tyre or a piece of chewing gum. I have seen hunters wearing aigles etc. but the have 3 pairs of sock on. With quality leather you save in the long run by having only to wear one pair of wool socks!

Mine are neoprene inners and I only wear one pair of socks and I wear my wellies everyday through the winter
people can argue which is the best till the cows come in and everyone will have their own opinion which they prefer but in my opinion chamau are not made the same as they were a few years ago but if people keep buying them they will keep making them

Must admit to not putting oil on my wellies i use mine many times a week and like has been said new pairs don't last the same perish is abut right MS

Mine are neoprene inners and I only wear one pair of socks and I wear my wellies everyday through the winter
people can argue which is the best till the cows come in and everyone will have their own opinion which they prefer but in my opinion chamau are not made the same as they were a few years ago but if people keep buying them they will keep making them

Valid point there cwd

Had a pair of toggi wellies for the last 10 years,I wear them everyday and there still going,best bit is they only cost me £60. Guess what I will be getting next ?

ATB

Andy

Le Chameua are not the same quality as they were, rubber is much thinner on the new ones, the adjusting buckles break if you look at them all in all nowhere near as good as they were, oh and the company is on the market.

Back