Deer Sack for Sika and Fallow

Glendine

Hi All,Re: Deer bag / sack I am wondering if any of you have ever used a sack to carry out Sika / fallowCull animals. I have acquired permission that is in close proximity if I walk But if I drive it would take a 45mins or moreCould anyone recommend a sack that would meet my needs?I was looking at a yool sack in bush wear any thoughts.Thanking you in a advance for your timeGlendine.

Plus 1 on the above. PM Poppins off here, she will be able to supply, and at a good price too. Make sure you say it's for Sika/Fallow as she does a smaller Roe specific sack.

You boys must be god dam strong the only fallow I'd want to carry is a fawn as for sika ...never seen one so can't comment but our fallow here in northants knacker me just dragging them but then I am a wimp :D
norma

Hi All,Re: Deer bag / sack I am wondering if any of you have ever used a sack to carry out Sika / fallowCull animals. I have acquired permission that is in close proximity if I walk But if I drive it would take a 45mins or moreCould anyone recommend a sack that would meet my needs?I was looking at a yool sack in bush wear any thoughts.Thanking you in a advance for your timeGlendine.

Check this thread out

a review of my new Fallow/Sika sack

Hi, I'm a stalking guide in Ireland and we use rucksacks all the time for sika, I have two different ones, a Kelty Cache Hauler which is very good value for money and its lightweight. The second is a Bergans Powerframe 130 which is very comfortable with heavy loads. The Bergans is pricey though and you need to put the deer into a drybag first or the rucksack would be destroyed. For heavy loads over long distances the bergans is excellent, very comfortable and plenty of good features on it.

I used a harkila roe sack for a fallow pricket I shot recently. Big weighty beast on your back. But managed to just about stand up and quite comfortable on your shoulders.

Back