Visiting Scotland on saturday!

Sarig

Hiya all!

I'm a norwegian in my younger 20's, and I'm going to Scotland on thursday. I've always wanted to visit that country, and now that time is finally here! I'll be backpacking, so not going on a hunt or something, but I'm sure I could get some helpful tips from here anyway!

I'll be staying in Edinburgh from saturday to monday, before travelling (probably) to Inverness and visiting Loch Ness. After that, I haven't really got much of a plan.

While I'm not planning on buying anything, I do love to browse, so are there any gun shops I ought to pay a visit to in Edinburgh?

And also, what sort of touristy stuff should I absolutely not miss? Besides vigorous testing of whiskey, of course!

I'll be staying at hostels, and I do not plan on living in a tent, so don't suggest something too far up in the mountains ;)

Hi Sarig There is the Scottish game fair on at Scone palace 2-3 & 4th that's this weekend always worth a visit it's a good show
Have a great holliday
Cheers
Ian

Hi Sarig There is the Scottish game fair on at Scone palace 2-3 & 4th that's this weekend always worth a visit it's a good show
Have a great holliday
Cheers
Ian

Hah, how perfect! I might just go there on Sunday. I arrive late in the afternoon on saturday, so wont have time then.

Have a look at Grahams in Inverness (Castle Street) good traditional gunshop, also some bargains can be had at Highland Industrial Supplies on the industrial estate. If you want the best whisky you'll need to make your way west to Skye and visit Talisker (other whiskies are avialable - apparently).

If you are back packing, get yourself a ticket for the West Highland railway this takes you up to Fort William, the other end of Loch Ness, you to see some great views and plenty of chances to see a few deer.

The game fair is a must while you are over here.:cool:

ATB

Tahr

Sarig,

If you get to the game fair at Scone Palace, look us up at the 'Decoying UK' stand near to BASC on Gunmakers Row.

You will be most welcome to a cold beer on us. :)

On a non shooting topic a deep fried mars bar is a must when in scotland and the game fair has got to be worth a visit.

George

Avoid the Raploch in Stirling, the rest of Scotland should be sorted by now......hold on I don't know about Sauchie near Gartmore, that was a weee bit testing, enjoy. ATB Gordon

Bring a brolly with you the forecast is heavy showers,and avon skin so softly just in case the midges are out,apart from that has been said get yourself to Scone you will have a great day there.
Enjoy your stay fella.

Back