Forum Syndicate

MJ75

I'd like to pose this question to Rob Mac. Would you consider the possibility of setting up a forum stalking syndicate? Is this a feasible idea? Could a number of forum members effectively club together and obtain the rights to stalk.

I can already see a few problems. But nothing that could not eventualy be overcome. I look forward to your comments. :D

All the best
MJ

Me, I think it's a fantastic idea. So long as the people interested are prepared to work together, communicate etc.

Though can I please ask that this remain a

Beaver free thread!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Syndicate

Hi MJ75

It's a great idea and getting stalkers together is one of the aims of this site.

Having never been involved in a syndicate, I wouldn't know where to start, but that shouldn't stop it from happening. Whether it becomes the Stalking Directory Syndicate or a syndicate formed from stalkers who have met on this site, it doesn't matter. If we can get more people stalking and access to land, particularly with other experienced stalkers, then it's got to be good and would get my full support.

It's not something that's going to come about easily and quickly. Without careful planning it would soon go belly up and members will loose interest. Looking at what's been said on this site, syndicates are a very contentious issue and a potential minefield! I will be organising a butchery/reloading demonstration get together in the next few months and then there's the CLA in the summer, when we can all get to put a few faces to the names. Nobody in their right mind is going to getting financially involved with people without meeting them a few times first. Perhaps a syndicate or two will naturally happen when like-minded stalkers meet more like-mind stalkers.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob
Editor

Re: Syndicate

Rob Mac said:
Hi MJ75

It's a great idea and getting stalkers together is one of the aims of this site.

Having never been involved in a syndicate, I wouldn't know where to start, but that shouldn't stop it from happening. Whether it becomes the Stalking Directory Syndicate or a syndicate formed from stalkers who have met on this site, it doesn't matter. If we can get more people stalking and access to land, particularly with other experienced stalkers, then it's got to be good and would get my full support.

It's not something that's going to come about easily and quickly. Without careful planning it would soon go belly up and members will loose interest. Looking at what's been said on this site, syndicates are a very contentious issue and a potential minefield! I will be organising a butchery/reloading demonstration get together in the next few months and then there's the CLA in the summer, when we can all get to put a few faces to the names. Nobody in their right mind is going to getting financially involved with people without meeting them a few times first. Perhaps a syndicate or two will naturally happen when like-minded stalkers meet more like-mind stalkers.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob
Editor

Hi Rob

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think it could genuinely benefit people as as we all know, stalking is not the easiest of hobbies to break into.

I'm sure that there wil be a few people on here who would be interested in the idea in principle. And whether it is the official forum syndicate or something a little more casual would certainly be of interest to all members of the board.

I agree wholeheartedly about not jumping into financial agreements with people you have never met before. But forum socials etc, could certainly overcome that hurdle. And I'm quite certain that a syndicate won't be up and running any time soon.

Having read some of the posts about syndicates I too understand why people are cautious of them. But I'm sure the board has the ability to create and run a very succesfull one. I think it's an idea that interested parties should bare in mind and we'll see what can be achieved. Hopefully we can meet up at your reloading and butchery demonstration and discuss it further?

All the best MJ

P.S If anyone else has any thoughts on the idea, please post away....

Hi All,
I really think that something like this will take off naturally. I have seen behind the scenes of this web site when I met Rob before Christmas. Do you remember in the film 'The Wizard of Oz' the bumbling professor behind the curtain with a great big machine that made thunder sounds and smoke and projected the Wizard of Oz onto the screen? "Take know notice of the man behind the curtain"! Well its just like that! :eek: :lol:

I would like to see a 'Stalking Co-operative', It would have all good points of a syndicate but none of the problems. I don't know how it would work though! :confused: Any ideas?

Time will tell, right now I'd like to see a good turn out to Rob proposed butchery and reloading day, A big turn out for the CLA and some car stickers, T'/polo shirts and key rings?

I have spoken to Rob about another project that will benefit the site and its user's but that's top secret for now!

Back