Sako 85 owners, Ejector advice

Hornady

Took my brand new Sako 85 in 223 out today.

i noticed that the ejector is less than lively. sometimes if i dont throw the bolt back the bullet doesnt release from the claw. when i throw the bolt back the shell just kind of falls out the gun.

The ejecter spring under the bolt doesnt seem very strong but im not sure if that has anything to do with the ejection, it looks as if its directly related to how hard you pull the bolt back.

is this normal?

It sounds pretty normal to me. I find it an advantage to be honest, once you get used to it you can choose to eject the case completely or just to withdraw it (useful at the range for brass collection). In the field you don't have to go foraging for your case either as it generally lands close by (unlike my Tikka which sends .223 cases pinging off no matter how hard you withdraw the bolt!)

Alex

if its normal then its fine. im used to my 17hmr having a spring loaded ejector and firing the cases off. you really have to be careful the round ejects properly or you get a double feed when you push the bolt forward.

if its normal then its fine. im used to my 17hmr having a spring loaded ejector and firing the cases off. you really have to be careful the round ejects properly or you get a double feed when you push the bolt forward.
Yep that is exactly the same with the Sako 75,yank the bolt back hard and off it goes,go gentle and it just about clears the port.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 75 is pretty similar, and I think it's great, reason being that if I quickly recycle a round after a first shot, it kicks the empty case out; however, if I am just removing a live round from the chamber, I will naturally uncock the bolt more slowly, and it stops the live round for being thrown out of the action, and it sort of pops-up for me to remove with my hands:D thanks Sako.

Back