Federal Fusion 150 grn in .270 Winchester

Brithunter

Seeing as how this ammunition performed rather well the other week on the Roe Buck I went back and enquired as to if he still had anymore on the shelf and the answer is yes. price is £16:40 per box so methinks I will get a couple of boxes. The last two boxes cost me a bit less but I think that was a mistake on his part.

What do you think? is that a good price?

Any ammunition for .270 that shoots well and costs less than £1 a pop is worth stocking up on. It doesn't kill deer any deader than the stuff at £55 a box...and with powder and bullet prices rocketing up, you'd be hard pressed to reload much cheaper than that.

My buddy in Eire swears by Federal Fusion for his .270 and kills everything with it, including red stags and sika hybrid stags. It certainly worked well enough when I shot a large goat recently with his rifle and ammunition.

Adam.

Buy them up.

I have been working out reloading costs recently, it is not as cheap as it used to be.

Powder, primer and bullet are running from £.55 to £0.70 per round depending on calibre. This completely ingnores the cost of the brass, your equipment and your time.

If you are not shooting big volumes or an exotic calibre, hand loading is getting to be less attractive.

Thanks guys :D I had sort of crunched the numbers of a reload for the 25-06 which is about the same as the .270 cost wise and at that price there is not much in it really. Now I do shoot a fair bit but it's spread across several different cartridges and calibres. In fact I have just been testing a used 8x56 scope and it's looking good so far :D. In fact I am thinking of putting it on the 25-06 so the S&B 6x42 can go back where it belongs and where I robbed it from to try out the 25-06.

Yes I WILL pick up a couple of boxes and then in a week or so get another couple. Simply don't have the funds to buy more right now :oops:.

I've had a couple of boxes of this fusion gear, locked away as 'cheap emergency, run out of everything else ammo'. To my amazement when I tried them yesterday morning they were grouping every bit as well as the home loads... I wish I could find more for the £18 on the box!

I've had a couple of boxes of this fusion gear, locked away as 'cheap emergency, run out of everything else ammo'. To my amazement when I tried them yesterday morning they were grouping every bit as well as the home loads... I wish I could find more for the £18 on the box!

Well I popped over there tonight and picked up two boxes of the 150 grain fusion .270 and in a Fortnight I will get a couple more finaces permitting. Checked the batch code and they are form the same batch which is nice. Oh DC .270 £16:40 per box :stir:.

Got some Federal Fusion 130gr .270 last week they cost me £28.00 a box.
Getting pritty good results with them.
Will be starting to do some reloading in the next couple of weeks so hopeffully it will be the last i will be buying for some time.

John

guys picked up two boxes last week 7mm 08 fusion 28 pounds a box fed premium 47. 99
just wanted to test knock down power as i home load
good to know you rate the fusion regards pete .

Well I popped over there tonight and picked up two boxes of the 150 grain fusion .270 and in a Fortnight I will get a couple more finaces permitting. Checked the batch code and they are form the same batch which is nice. Oh DC .270 £16:40 per box :stir:.

£16.40 per box.... I dribbled a bit over that! If I can find more for around that price I'll be stocking up and forgetting about the home loads for a while. (Nosler partitions are due this week though so I'll give them a whirl first)

Crikey where is this place???? I'm paying £26 a box for 120gn Federal Fusion for my 25-06. Apparently that's trade price too. Have you tried the above ammo and calibre on Red Stags, if so what were the results please?

Crikey where is this place???? I'm paying £26 a box for 120gn Federal Fusion for my 25-06. Apparently that's trade price too. Have you tried the above ammo and calibre on Red Stags, if so what were the results please?

Take a look at the date of my post:-

April 2010.

I do not know the current price and 25-06 is not that common around these parts. When I needed factory ammo in 25-06 I had to drive over to Forest Lodge in Wragby and that's about a 60 mile round trip.

I had a few boxes of this Fusion in stock here as it is good ammunition however how many or if any are left I have no idea of course.

I tried some fed fusion 2 years ago or more for my 25-06 and paid £32 a box,gotta be a mistake brit

Well the gunshop made the mistake more than once then and I brought it several times at those prices.

guys picked up two boxes last week 7mm 08 fusion 28 pounds a box fed premium 47. 99
just wanted to test knock down power as i home load
good to know you rate the fusion regards pete .

I purchased some 140grain fusion when I got my new blaser just to get it on the paper before I started reloading for it ! Never used anything else since it drops deer cleanly and groups less than an inch at 100 yards what more do you need from a hunting round

Back