London and Hertfordshire uber-meet

Grandhubert

Good afternoon gentlemen.

After the success of the previous London meet I have spoken to a few of boys about Munty1's kind offer and a last minute date has emerged for a pie and pud up at Munty1's club house near Baldock in Hertfordshire.

There is a train station nearby from which a shared taxi or some sort of lift arrangement worked out for those who'd prefer not to drive, though I understand there will be plenty of parking in any event. The Lodge sleeps 8, though one would need to bring a sleeping bag, or there is a Travelodge less than 2 minutes away if the festivities carry on long into the night.

I am of the view that bring your own is the best solution to the booze situation at these sort of things, the pleasant upshot being that the prices of the evening will be the princely sum of £5 for the meal and a bunk, though this last on a first come first served basis. :D

A few lads from off this site, all stalkers of varying levels of experience, will also be there hopefully making for a good crowd.

The date is the evening of Saturday the 29th of May 6ish til late.

Please indicate interest on this thread and pm contact details as before.

The list so far is:

Grandhubert
Boghossian
Munty1
HughSurrey
Mauser66
PierreD

let me know if there is anyone I have forgotten!

Regards,
Amir

Last edited:
Hi all,
delete Buckup from the list please, 18th birthday party to attend. Hope to meet up with you guys another time perhaps.

have a great evening,

Mark.

Just picked up on this- I'm literally just down the the road, but will be away this weekend! I've visited Munty1's club house - it's a great place. Hope you all have a good time I hopefully I'll be around for the next meet....

David

Hi all,
delete Buckup from the list please, 18th birthday party to attend. Hope to meet up with you guys another time perhaps.

have a great evening,

Mark.

Sorry to hear it Mark.

I'm sure we'll arrange something later on in the year.

Amir

Am I still invited then - and can I have a bunk if I am?

Pleeeeease?

After you were so beastly to me on the other thread? :smug:

Of course you are!

Vinuos repast, clement locale, the agreeable company of one's true fellows and a little personal abuse, what could be better eh? :D

Have to say a big thanks to Grandhubert for putting this together and to Munty1 for his hospitality in a great venue,shame about the low turnout but fortunately this did not affect the constant flow of interesting stories and good wine ( + you will be sad to learn the strippers were better than usual )maybe next time for those that couldn't make it thanks to those that could.

:D

Many thanks to Munty1 for the rather excellent four courses, the beer and of course use of his fine hunting lodge.

We met some very interesting characters and the setting, with trophies and photographs of past hunts, spot on.

There will definitely be a next time, by the way! :)

Back