Tonight BBC3 10.30pm

It's on every night this week.

Wednesday is rabbits. How do you get an hour out of killing and cooking a bloody rabbit?

well justed watched the preview,
bit of Bear Grylles meets someone who just pulled the trigger to get on the telly me thinks. We will see,

Claret_Dabbler said:
It's on every night this week.

Wednesday is rabbits. How do you get an hour out of killing and cooking a bloody rabbit?

Exactly the same way as they`re going to take an hour to kill and cook a deer.
How many rabbit recipes would you like? :lol:
basil.

Kill it, cook it, eat it

I'll just wait to watch it on iplayer I think - the few I saw last time weren't brilliant really - pigs, cows and sheep.

Daemon

Watching it now - lets see if its any good or not.

First impressions, its a beautiful estate and piece of countryside they are shooting over... I wish I was out there!

Gez

Well that was not too bad. People learning that as a way of putting good meat on the plate it doesnt get much better than stalking it.

Could have been much worse.

Great program, I'm sure there were flaws in it's accuracy but the message was a good one. Shame it wasn't on BBC1.
Mark

Well, I am gobsmacked!!! What has happened to the BBC. A balanced and reasoned view of stalking and its place in the management of our countryside.
In my opinion, the best program concerning stalking to have ever been aired on british TV.
Well done BBC!!!! :lol:

WOWWW
in all, a very fair account i think.

the one with shooting experience got a one hole (3 shot) group on the 100m range and at the end of the program expressed his approval by saying 'animal welfare is absolutely paramount throughout'. to which the life long veggies smiled and nodded :D

me thinks BBC has done pretty well..

As I said on the other thread a pretty good effort by the BEEB. Only the LACS spokesman was guilty of disinformation.

Nicely done sad about the blooding bit not necessary on such a program and was disappointed the stalker had to put in a second shot the deer was hit in the right place but with the small .243 it was bound to kick about abit.
Do you think they used a small calibre to stop the lady's panicking

The blooding was probably done out of pure tradition. If he didn't blood them then he would also have been wrong.. :confused: Let's not forget that the girl was rushed into a shot with never having shot a deer before, not the best circumstance for the most accurate of shooting. But the shot was not that bad, it went into the shoulder on the other side so it was probably a lung shot. I suspect that they were also spooked as they were all on their feet and probably just about to disappear.

Unless it was just the camera shot, it gave the impression of shooting on a sky-line.....hmmm.

Other than that, this was a well put together programme, with vegetarians seeing that this was an excellent way to put meat into the food chain. One guy I think will be taking up the sport, and with good valid arguement all seemed to understand the complexities of the need to cull deer to enhance the welfare of the deer and the countryside.

An excellent portrayal of deer stalking and probably more informative to the British public.

Well done the Beeb...it's not often you can say that!

The only person who came out of it looking like a **** was the LACS chap! Any time Claudia wants another try she's more than welcome here!

paul k said:
Only the LACS spokesman was guilty of disinformation.
Is anyone surprised by that? :rolleyes:

The only other things that grated a bit were the unnecessary blooding, the attempt to influence the mood through the use of music, and the obvious choices of who would do the actual shooting (no doubt for maximum emotional effect). And I loved the larder, wooden gambrel and all, even if the H&S and GMH nazis would have had kittens!

The estate staff came across as utterly professional, and this was overall a very balanced piece. Well done the BBC for a change.

I can assure you the rifles were chosen - not by the BBC but by Arthur based on accuracy and composure. Also, the stag was indeed below the skyline but - indeed the camera angle was deceiving.

BTW - it's on every night this week with different quarry.

Back