Boots

Acm

Hi I'm after some stalking boots , any suggestions appreciated . Must be waterproof and at least ankle height .
?has anyone tried the jack pyke ones ?
Cheers

Hi I'm after some stalking boots , any suggestions appreciated . Must be waterproof and at least ankle height .
?has anyone tried the jack pyke ones ?
Cheers
mendle dover extreem best boots out there still using a pair last 7 years never a drop of water got in hear is a link e.bay item number 160718280112 get a pair you wont regret it

Last edited:
+ 1 for the above Miendels no problems come up a little small so if your after wearing thick socks get 1/2 size bigger at least

My last pair of boots were le chameau mouflon and lasted just over 6 years, used almost daily. After reading a few reviews and talking to other people i went for a pair of harkila pro hunter gtx boots.....Very impressed, took a little longer to get slipper like but now are fantastic.

Edit...Can get them for about £180 if you shop about on the net, most places are charging £210-£240!

Last edited:
+1 for the meindl douvre extreme. Also agree with Norma 308 about the half size extra, although the boots are wide they definitely are tight lengthways.

Meindal Antarkitis. Ive had mine for over 5 years never been wet, and they are superbly warm in the winter.

Nutty

Lowa Mountain GTX.
Fantastic Boot. Never had cold or wet feet even Hind stalking in Perthshire. They come in 1/2 sizes too and different width fittings.

Yorkie.

I've got the Meindl Burma and the dovre extreme. Can't recommend them more highly.

It really depends what you're using them for. It you're walking really rough, steep ground, or over heather and longer grass then I'd go for the Dovre every time. If it's flatter ground, paths, tracks etc, and you're looking for something a bit lighter, that will still give you support then I'd maybe go for the Burmas.

Saying that, almost every time I go out the door I wear my Dovres.

Jack pyke are brilliant value hard wearing and light as a feather. they are not as expensive as the others. cheers Hootsman

I have a pair of LeChameau Mouflon and love them, :stir: had them repaired no quibble when I fell in the lake and sheered off three of the lace hooks when only a few months old. However I have heard others have been told by the manufacturer they are a leasure boot and not for everyday use. Others on the SD report they wore out after a year.
There is a lot of support for the Mendel boots. Tom

Lowa Mountain GTX.
Fantastic Boot. Never had cold or wet feet even Hind stalking in Perthshire. They come in 1/2 sizes too and different width fittings.

Yorkie.

+1 on lowa, I prefer the combat boot which is a little higher.

I have the Burmas, cracking boots but they look hammered after a few sessons through stubble or ploughed fields.

Back