Happy Christmas.... To me - from me.....!

merlin

.....I had a bit of a blood rush to the head on Saturday, and decided that as I've been a good boy all year, I was going to treat myself to an early Christmas present (and in mitigation, it's my birthday later in December as well, so it was a joint prezzie...:cool:)

I've been umming and aahing about upgrading one of my air rifles for a while, but after getting weathered off last Saturday, I thought "bugger it!" and p/ex'd my BSA Ultra......for a shiny new BSA r10 mkII :D.

Got it Saturday, zeroed on Sunday, and nailed 2 rats with it on Monday night at a feeder on my mate's farm. Job's a good 'un!! :D

Look out vermin, I'm a-comin to getcha.......;)

Anyone else treating themselves for Christmas???

20151205_165843.jpg

20151206_163723.jpg

being of sound mind i awarded me a new Hawke lrf600 range finder for chrimbo,but then this little voice on my shoulder:evil: said you deserve more so ive got a 5x40 night vision monocular on the way that has a 4g memory card to record on.cracking shooting by the way

being of sound mind i awarded me a new Hawke lrf600 range finder for chrimbo,but then this little voice on my shoulder:evil: said you deserve more so ive got a 5x40 night vision monocular on the way that has a 4g memory card to record on.cracking shooting by the way

Phew! So it's not just me then?;) :lol:

Last year I gave in to the temptation of some Swarovski range-finding binos ... which were stupidly expensive, so they'll have to do for this year too.

Which reminds me that I've got a Swaro laser range-finder monocular in the back of the cupboard, so if anyone wants it cheap just PM me.

Last edited:
I've had a new scope and a new moderator, although in fairness I needed both (scope broken and mod rusty).
Oh and a new jacket for stalking and walking the dog, because it was going cheap.
No more presents for me!

The better half generally gets me a voucher from the local gun shop. As I do from time to time, I've lost a knife whilst out and about, so I guess that'll be what the voucher goes towards. But on the "from me to me" front, a mate has just got a Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine, which is very nice. I'm thinking about a No4 Mk2. Perhaps a bit more useable, not been dragged though trenches or across Europe or over the Khyber Pass and won't dislocate my shoulder as much as his. As a bonus it'll probably shoot straighter than his too.

Leica 10X50 HD's, 265's GG At's. and a barrel of Guinness in my local.... All welcome to share!

I have to choose from

1. Swarovski 5/30x50 bt

2. New drone pro x10

3. A new calibre to use for ?

Bob.

OK.

I don't mind the ridicule but I got fed up with taking 10 minutes to lace up long-leg boots (which were 12 years old & about to die anyway), then zip on the most reluctant pair of gaiters I've ever owned (about as flexible as a sheet of ply) and then finally topping off with leggings - so on Black Friday I treated myself to an early Christmas present of "tarts boots" - Le Chamaeu Jameson Zip GTX with £70 off.

Been out three times now and I should have bought them ages ago.

A really excellent pair of boots - but I just look like a yuppie.

I don't care!!

My SBS Ugartechea has a cracked stock which keeps failing, so I'm hoping to pick up a proper Beretta O/U next year! :)

So it wont be for Xmas, but it'll be more of a happy new year present haha!

Back