More ********

widows son

What are the BASC thinking about, what about the Apprentice Stalkers, Gamekeepers where they are allowed to shoot, stalk without a certificate on private land , you can get a driving license at 17 ,16 if your a disabled person ,you cannot take a weapon in a vehicle to another part of the estate without supervision, more rules and laws without proper consultation and thought .

OH yes .

Why are we going back the way what happened to forward

Come on BASC get the foot in the door get it sorted ,it jacks me right off that you can do many things get a job for yourself, join the army and get killed doing the job, get married ,get a driving license . But you can't drink or now hold a firearm before your 18 years old , total crap, where the reply David hope it a good one .
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/firearms/eu-changes-to-uk-firearms-legislation-2010.cfm

Stuff Europe we are a island not Europe were giving in all the time why .

Last edited:
Bloody stupid rule....at a time in which we should be doing everything possible to encourage kids into the shooting sports and disciplines, we sit back and let them make it harder.

Another bloody restriction being slapped on us with the intention of killing off firearms and shotgun ownership.

Sorry Paul ,I live in Scotland, I want nothing to do with Europe or its rules, this country UK has its own laws some of the oldest laws in the world, WHY do we require intervention from a European Parliament or its laws .

It is about time the bloody country stood up for the "Great" in the name of Britain, men fought and died for the ability to keep it Great Britain and they still are dieing for it today.

If Europe has that much to say about things" why" is the UK paying way over the odds for fuel, why don't they tell the British Parliament the must cut fuel duty, no instead they go for a easy option, hunting ,shooting and fishing no one will mind .

Is there any wonder Britain's greatest export is its people .

Last edited:
There is always someone wanting to impose themselves on others. I love to know what there justification for this is.

LEAVE IT ALONE!

Remember, you cant legislate for idiot..when you do, they build a better idiot!

There is always someone wanting to impose themselves on others. I love to know what there justification for this is.

LEAVE IT ALONE!

Remember, you cant legislate for idiot..when you do, they build a better idiot!

Well Wills Justification you just have to look at your own life, on a second degree, what first one a waste of time mmmmm.

Law well you'll be in the money with this one .

I don't require any justification I just don't like to see this country being systematical taken over by Europe ,Ive been on the planet for a wee while I seen a lot of change due to Europe mostly appertaining to human rights, take it to the court of what ever you'll get off with it why .

I'll point something else out Wills there are plenty of us on here with degrees it nothing new maybe something else for Europe to sort out .

Lastly Impose on others, If you don't like it don't read it simple .

Ive had my certificates for 35+ years, I know a few boys that shoot at this moment that are under the age of 16 being supervised by a adult just waiting to get out there self just as I had done at their age Why with all the advancement over the years should we go back the way, just come come into line with a foreign country in this case Europe why shouldn't they come up to our standard.

Haha, no. My justification for doing a second degree is simple, my first degree was chemistry and as I work in the pharma and foods industry, I have an interest in the law in those fields, so it was a natural progression for me.

This isn’t a Human rights issue, the European Convention isn’t mentioned apart from the declaration of compatibility with the said convention, which is required when a bill is read out in Parliament. In any case, Parliament can issue a declaration of incompatibility and still pass the bill.

On the issue of your statement as to "I'll point something else out Wills there are plenty of us on here with degrees it nothing new maybe something else for Europe to sort out."

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Great, the more education the better, doesnt have to be ratified by a degree, diploma, city and guilds..whatever, you can never know enough, there is always something new to learn. As to Europe sorting it out, what prey tell is "it"? There already is a cross border attempted harmonisation of what a degree actually means.(treaty of Amsterdam..or Rome..one of those)

Impose? From you statement, I get the impression that you feel as though I am in some way accusing you of imposing something on others..this is not the case. As to not reading it, imposition and reading are not necessarily related.
The imposition comes from Europe, which like it or not, we are compelled to abide by its Directives, Regulations...etc. I’m going to reframe from getting in a political debate on the pros and cons of EU membership as this is not the forum for it.

Your final statement on a request for the EU to come in line with our standard is an agreeable one, however, as we are one of 27 member states, that is quite a challenge. Also, it depends on the quality of the UK representatives influencing and negotiation skills.

Regards

Wills

What are the BASC thinking about

I'm not sure it's fair blaming BASC for this. Granted, they could perhaps have publicised this issue better (and any measures they had taken to try to stop it, futile as it may have been) as the first I heard of it was the other day. However we all know how Europe works... we adopt the worst of all the regulations that come out of Europe regardless of what anyone thinks, whilst France and Spain ignore anything they don't like! :rolleyes:

I wonder if there is any chance of us adopting any other firearms legislation from our European neighbours?... Germany's 'earn a hunting a licence and then have whatever you like' law would be nice! :D

Fat chance though.

... we adopt the worst of all the regulations that come out of Europe regardless of what anyone thinks, whilst France and Spain ignore anything they don't like! :rolleyes:

I wonder if there is any chance of us adopting any other firearms legislation from our European neighbours?... Germany's 'earn a hunting a licence and then have whatever you like' law would be nice! :D

Fat chance though.

Got it in one Alex.

Our feeble beaurocrats will adopt anything restrictive that comes out of the EU provided it bolsters their aims to keep us all under the cosh. They will not in a million years impliment the other sensible legislation that our european neighbours work to though.

I'm not sure it's fair blaming BASC for this. Granted, they could perhaps have publicised this issue better (and any measures they had taken to try to stop it, futile as it may have been) as the first I heard of it was the other day. However we all know how Europe works... we adopt the worst of all the regulations that come out of Europe regardless of what anyone thinks, whilst France and Spain ignore anything they don't like! :rolleyes:

I wonder if there is any chance of us adopting any other firearms legislation from our European neighbours?...
Germany's 'earn a hunting a licence and then have whatever you like' law would be nice! :D

Fat chance though.
Alex, I wouldn't hold forth too strong on a german version, their local politico's are talking about taxing each firearm held!(& no small amount either!):eek:

Alex, I wouldn't hold forth too strong on a german version, their local politico's are talking about taxing each firearm held!(& no small amount either!):eek:

Yes, but we'd 'go French' on that - agree it, then ignore it totally! ;)

Yes come on BASC, Come on SGA, Come on BDS, Come on SACS, Come on NGO, Come on St Huberts, Come on CA, anybody else we should be blaming that I have missed.
All these other organsiations, what are your views, what have you been doing?

But we only charge £30 for membership what do you expect!!

It seems that as that BASC get the blame for everything they are the only voice for shooting.. Now that can't be right, can it!

So before you blame one organisation entirely, ask what are the other organisations doing for you!!

Griff I pay my coffers to BASC I don't even look at what the take for membership costs I want it I buy it , as I have done since the days of WAGBI, the BDS don't come into it there a charity so Ive been told on many a occasions ,so since you have brought the matter to light just what did BASC do about this ?

I did not bring this matter to light you did!
Can you tell what part of this proposed legislation you do not agree with!

Any of it .

Why should we have to change anything to suit Europe, start changing things we will have no identity they will end up running everything .

I asked what BASC had done or are doing, about it in the first instance ,that question has remained unanswered, I'll await Davids comprehension on this as he has his finger on the pulse of the BASC being a employee of the association ,therefore I should think he would be better placed to answer such things ,would you not say so yourself .

By the way there is nothing proposed about this it is taking place this month .

Griff your words below I believe
Yes come on BASC, Come on SGA, Come on BDS, Come on SACS, Come on NGO, Come on St Huberts, Come on CA, anybody else we should be blaming that I have missed.
All these other organsiations, what are your views, what have you been doing?

Last edited:
Yes they are my words! they were pointing out that there are other oprganisations out there that should be fighting our corner, but you only seem to single out BASC why is that?

Last edited:
Because Griff it is the BASC I pay my money to not the other organizations .

Theres a task in its self for you, within your new position , if you could find time to put together a motion to bring all the mentioned organizations and others , together on common ground issues , such as this type of legislative issues using every ones skills and abilities as a collective force, or as you have pointed out "One" voice of shooting .

You never see just one regiment going into battle they always have a division behind them bringing on reinforcements as and when required .

Within the shooting fraternities we all have our favorite associations as you've pointed out it can be a cost thing for many, or what badge looks good on my motor for others, its all very well being first, but if there is no support for the rest whats the point, these type of issues must be taken back to the ministers who govern the country collectively by the shooting organizations , putting the point across that it has been good enough for or laws of this country up until this point why should we change it now .

Well why should we change .

Last edited:
Back