Forrestry comission stalking leases info

sauer

hi peeps

im thinking ....i been a level 2 for while now and im led to beleive you need that to be considered for stalking with the FC

how does one go about asking what leases etc they have going and where?.,for deer stalking

always wondered how you get that info.....maybe me but its not forthcoming on website....knowing me im looking in wrong place!!

any info onregional contacts and how to approach deal with them be greatly received

ps im in Angus/ tayside area

cheers
sauer

Sauer,
Ring the FC in your area and ask to be informed if and when any leases become available. Leases run from April- April so once your registered you will be invited to tender on any up and coming lease's. Details are usually released in Feb/March..

regards
griff

sauer,

I think you would need to get in touch with the office at Huntly. There is some ground coming up soon (inside info) and some of it will be in your neck of the woods I think.

hi peeps

im thinking ....i been a level 2 for while now and im led to beleive you need that to be considered for stalking with the FC

how does one go about asking what leases etc they have going and where?.,for deer stalking

always wondered how you get that info.....maybe me but its not forthcoming on website....knowing me im looking in wrong place!!

any info onregional contacts and how to approach deal with them be greatly received

ps im in Angus/ tayside area

cheers
sauer

Heres a direct contact here for you :D

graham.godsman@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Or contact the main control centre
forest enterprise
1 Highland Way
Inverness Business Park
Inverness
IV2 7GB

He will send you registration forms direct failing which contact me by P.M with your email addy and I will send on a copy of the application form.

Regards
Stu

Last edited:
guys heres one for you......forgive if stupid question but i really have no idea.......

a forrest block of approx 210 acres for roe deer and pigeon roost shooting.....the lease holder keeps all carcasses.

what would be a relevant price for a years lease on this?

again i have no idea so sorry if too generic or whatever

sauer

£300 notes max and at that i would have needed to see good signs of deer. Also if it is canopied i would not even tender

Last edited:
its canopied, rides are overgrown, and just found out that previous rent was £400 + VAT
.....and thye have had offers over this already.:eek:

i shoot the fields round part of this ground , but dont think ill be bidding at that!

sauer

its canopied, rides are overgrown, and just found out that previous rent was £400 + VAT
.....and thye have had offers over this already.:eek:

i shoot the fields round part of this ground , but dont think ill be bidding at that!

sauer

500 acres, crows, pigeons, duck pond, some deer

how much,

free, all it cost was the time to knock on his door and ask....

f.

oh i know that one......spent time knocking on doors asking politely regarding shooting to many farmers.....only way your gonna get ground.....

you might have 100 " no" replys but only needs one "yes" and it could be a belter.

how my brother and i landed some of our permissions.

sauer

Back