primos trigger stick gen 2

neillfrbs

as the title ,have just purchased a set of these sticks ,cost £100 so a bit on the steep side .
but on first impressions seem really well made ,and easy to adjust with the trigger system and really quiet when extending .
will field test tomorrow morning .

Apparently some of the issues with the Gen 1 have been addressed such as the need to loosen the locking nut on the top to swivel the "V", the Gen 1 also had some problems with the legs seizing up in wet/freezing weather, but the new Gen 2 looks far better.

Biggest improvement i found from the gen 1 to gen 2's,was the legs opened wider for sitting shots.Otherwise i would have kept the gen 1's.

I had a set of gen 1 and the top swivel seized up on me, even the people at bushwear said they were not right, so I upgraded to the gen 2 set, I never go out without them, so much better except one of my legs is a bit slow at dropping open, other than that I can't fault them.

one of my legs is a bit slow at dropping open, other than that I can't fault them.

Oh oh, I hope this isn't the same fault as the first Generation sticks? I personally don't have a set of either but the set that my dad uses has the same problem, and in the winter time the legs refuse to extend at all.

Do they still make that horrible grinding sound as they extend? I was amazed by how gritty they sounded, and there was no way to oil them or do anything to lubricate. Happily back to my garden canes, no regrets.

I bought some and used them in anger last week.No noise extending,uneven ground they were great. V swivels great,nice 160yd shot. I found them great to use.

Oh oh, I hope this isn't the same fault as the first Generation sticks? I personally don't have a set of either but the set that my dad uses has the same problem, and in the winter time the legs refuse to extend at all.

No I don't think it is, I just need to have a look at them and understand what is going on. My gen 1 set stuck a bit after getting dust and grit in the legs but a blow out with the airline soon remidied that. Neither set has refused to extend and the gen 1 set predominantly was used right through the winter months. I had thought that the top swivel had frozen up but after keeping them inside overnight and all day they were still solid, so definitely not frozen.

The gen 2 are much improved.

Dave 1372

i have mk1. Used less than 10 times ..... But over a yr old .. Got mine from bushwear .... Gave them an email asking for a leg

got it for nowt ..... They maybe not cheapest but customer service like that worth extra pennies

i don't know if you bought from them but at least a price to supply a leg?

i bought set of limulus quads .... Reckon the primos will sit idle in garage

paul

Back