Cuff links from spare brass - what ever happened?

willie_gunn

Does anyone remember some threads such as this one at the beginning of the year, asking for spare brass in exchange for some cuff links?

.338 .243 .375 cases

There were other similar threads asking for .410 cases, etc.

I sent a pretty full package of .243 and .25-06 brass off, had an email saying thanks and that the cuff links would be sent that week, and then.....nothing. I sent a couple of PM's asking for an update but still.....nothing. I forget about it for a few weeks and then I review my PM's and think "what ever happened there"?

Out of interest, did anyone ever hear anything back?

I see the member involved hasn't been back since January, so I'm hoping it was just an oversight on their part and they haven't met with any unforeseen circumstances.

Willie Gunn

I have found everyone on this site, honest & decent people & help each other out.
So when the request came through I sent off a load as well, that evening
Like you I waited for a while before contacting him & he stated he had been away at work & was now just polishing them up.
STILL nothing
If its the same person I looked at his Facebook site "the cartridge man", sent him a message & he had lost my address & my cufflinks "had been sitting around waiting to be posted".
Surprise Surprise - they still haven't arrived
Might be time to leave a snotagram on his Facebook page

I bought some off a guy on here. No problems .They are great, look good and a fun item to wear. Surprised he doesn't still sell them.

I sent some .243 brass to him and received a pair within a week, he did also promise a tie pin that didn't arrive, but im not that bothered as I rarely wear ties. The cufflinks are very well made.

.505 Gibbs :eek: ...should give him some exercise when wearing those :)

I had a set from griiffshrek too, excellent work.
Are you still doing them Neil?

1st thanks for the kind words about the cufflinks , yes I will be doing more soon ...but due to being very busy I haven't offered any for sale as i just haven't had the time .

The person asking for cases then not sending them Is not me .

Regards....Neil

The person asking for cases then not sending them Is not me .

Regards....Neil

Neil

Apologies - I hadn't realised there was more than the one person on the site making cufflinks :oops:

More than happy to make it clear that the person who asked for brass and then disappeared is most definitely NOT griffshrek. It was a user named Kirriegreg

From the posts and PM's I've received, it seems like I was not the only one who sent off brass and then heard no more :( Maybe if he comes back to the site he might feel inclined to get in touch.

i sent him my 223 stuff and got a reply off him ,he seemed genuine enough to me he could just be swamped, doug,ps i never asked for cufflinks they scrat:lol:ch my nose too much,!

Last edited:
SWAMPED ???? after 4 months :-|
After numerous messages & promises they never turned up, left some negative feedback on his Face Book page today as he's taking the preverbal .
He's now contacted me & is going to send all my brass back. Funny, he forgot mention that he had sent my cufflinks off. Nope, because he hadn't despite telling me 2 weeks ago that they were going straight in the post.
Won't hold my breath for the brass.

I'm glad I got mine before all this kicked off.
Sent him a selction of calibres and told him what calibre cuff links I wanted and got them almost by return, at least within a week.

Back