k hornet

foxhornet

just seen an add on gunstar for a ruger k hornet states it fires normal hornet as well just wondering how you hav that on your ticket isnt it classed as two calibers

just seen an add on gunstar for a ruger k hornet states it fires normal hornet as well just wondering how you hav that on your ticket isnt it classed as two calibers

if you have a slot for hornet you could still buy the hornet k. as its still the same rifle just a improved chamber. you shoot the facotry hornet ammo in it. it then fire forms the cases.

and you loaded them up after in its improved form ;)

Correct, have done it in the dark and distant past. We had a local officer on home visits who shot and stalked, It could almost turn me back to religion if we got some nowadays as he was when it came to knowledge and common sense in dealing with firearms and shotguns. The K Hornet turned the calibre into something special when you reloaded it, if you,ve got the slot and the rifle is in good condition go for it. Best of luck.

Brora 260

The K-hornet is an improved design where an accute shoulder is formed and a visible neck is created.

k_hornet02.jpg
The benefits are increased case capacity and alleged improved accuracy due to the improved case design, less bolt thrust is aslo another benefit.

so is it a case of rebarreling then? i like the hornet round and if you can improve it without re classing on cert that would be good

would it just be a get it re barreld and not tell the FLO or whould you have to infornm them you had changed it to a hornet K?

chamber ream of an existing hornet barrel
may be wrong but I think it is a fairly straightforward process

so is it a case of rebarreling then? i like the hornet round and if you can improve it without re classing on cert that would be good

would it just be a get it re barreld and not tell the FLO or whould you have to infornm them you had changed it to a hornet K?

no you dont have to inform them. as your not changing calibre as such. if you changed it to a 17 hornet then you would have to.

If you wish to improve hornet round and you re-load then you may benefit,unless you get a 222!I was also giving K-hornet serious thought but as it is not broke I am not going to try fixing it.After having your hornet reamed it should then go to the proof house (fire form,re-loaded,proofed etc).

Back