New on the scene!!

philross

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this side of the Game world, just making my way up the learning curve and never sure if i'm heading in the right direction.
Initial interest was through my dogs and training them, then progressed to shooting over the dogs, secured a lease on land which has Roe and a few Red, decided to try my hand at stalking. Now it's a battle to decide if it's the dogs and a shotgun or the rifle. Fortunately I'm managing to combine the two, when running the dogs they soon let me know where the deer are and I just pop back another time to see if they're at home, so far it's working, but no doubt there's a better way.
I've made a few decisions already, sought advice and selected what appeared to be best logic from the vast array that I recieved.
Opted for a 270 with moderator , which I don't regret, maybe a bit hard on the Roe but 100% kill with no significant meat loss to date.
I only have one mild regret, used Zeiss 6x42, does fine and hasn't let me down when sufficient light, but at extremes I can see clear enough through my bino's but struggle to secure a shot through the scope. Planning a change some time soon, but deliberating on which to go for!!
I'm based near Inverness, so if any local seasoned stalkers would be willing to set me straight and give some advice I would be very grateful.
I'm already picking up a lot of info from the forum and I'm sure will find it enlightening as time goes on - I just hope you're a friendly and tolerant bunch. :);)

Back