Roe Deer Price

purdey24

Could I ask what price game dealers are paying for roe in central Scotland?
I was a bit shocked when I got my last two back to only get £2.10 per kilo.
Is this a fair price?

Probably about right price goes up and down a bit I have not put any away since the end of the Bucks it was £2. 30 a Kg at that time which is pretty much top price up here.

In the last few years the price has fluctuated between £1.80 and £2.,30 a Kg

Probably about right price goes up and down a bit I have not put any away since the end of the Bucks it was £2. 30 a Kg at that time which is pretty much top price up here.

In the last few years the price has fluctuated between £1.80 and £2.,30 a Kg

Should have said I was getting £3Kg at the beginning of last season did not last that long though.

Last edited:
4.75 euro per kg with the guts out in my little piece of paradise.... You can usually hunt for free, but if you want to keep the meat (or have to because of a lousy shot), you pay for it. Pigs are half the price. Trophy, heart, liver, and kidneys are free....

£1.50/ 2.00 Lb here pluck in ,guts out ,have done for years & it should be more. If the dealer wont pay it .. it goes in the larder, or left in the fields, but I haven't had any problems as they have been managed well & with good quality meat , I always have a call waiting :)

Could I ask what price game dealers are paying for roe in central Scotland?
I was a bit shocked when I got my last two back to only get £2.10 per kilo.
Is this a fair price?
Game dealer is meant to be opening in Perth on the 2 nd of January and I heard he's paying £2.50 a kilo

Sorry I was half way through the post and pressed the wrong button , so I phoned the number on the door and spoke to a chap and asked how much he was paying for roe £2:20 a kilo

£1.50/ 2.00 Lb here pluck in ,guts out ,have done for years & it should be more. If the dealer wont pay it .. it goes in the larder, or left in the fields, but I haven't had any problems as they have been managed well & with good quality meat , I always have a call waiting :)

thats disgraceful, why would you want to let it go to waste, hardly the words of a deerstalker if you ask me.

Last edited:
Sorry I was half way through the post and pressed the wrong button , so I phoned the number on the door and spoke to a chap and asked how much he was paying for roe £2:20 a kilo
Correction on the above post : spoke to very nice chap in game dealers this morning and prices are £2:50 a kilo for heart and lung shot and £2:80 a kilo for neck shot : £1:00 for rabbits and he is taking all game in season

Correction on the above post : spoke to very nice chap in game dealers this morning and prices are £2:50 a kilo for heart and lung shot and £2:80 a kilo for neck shot : £1:00 for rabbits and he is taking all game in season

Do you know how much for Red??

Nutty

Back