Sika Stag

Amhuinnsuidhe

I'm off up to North Harris for the week starting 18/10/10 and would like to shoot a Sika stag on the way up, does anyone know where would be best to do this and who to contact, would aim to do the 14/15 October. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, would like an 8-10 pointer ideally?

JT

8 to 10 pointer ehh :eek:

Best of luck there my friend. You will indeed be very very lucky to shoot a wild 10 point Jap Stag in the UK, but in particular in Scotland. 8 pointers are about as much as they will go in Scotland, although a few lucky folk I have had have taken a 9 pointer, but to guarantee anyhting over an 8 point you will pushing your luck as an agent/stalker.

I will be up on my lease in early October and if you want a crack at a Sika Stag you are welcome, but I would not make any guarantees on an 8 pointer unless you are there for a week, and even then I would tell you that I would expect you to take a good representative head during this time, or indeed better at no extra cost if the opportunity arose.

ATB

Sikamalc

If you want an8 or 10 or a 12 point sika your best to go to Pebbles area there you can shoot two 4,s or a 6 n 4 or TWO 6,s This will give you the desired points :lol: Sorry couldn't help it.

Very nice Terry :D

Scotland will not produce the higher quality that you get in Dorset as a rule. However there are some very good Sika in Scotland, but even in Dorset you will be hard pushed to find a 9 or 10 pointer at the drop of a hat in a few days.

Looking forward to coming down in a few weeks to see you and I know Wada's is itching to have a go at those Dorset Sika.

cheers

Sikamalc

A,up Malc..

Your not wrong mate we saw some monster sika on the SD trip up in Scotland..

Still trying to find the snake i lost in the bedroom you and sandra are staying in ;)

Terry

Thats all right Terry, I need a new belt and a snake skin one would be nice :lol:

I will make sure I bring me big knife :lol:

Malc

Good luck in your search for a 10 pointer wherever you go - 8 points is the norm for a mature sika, anything more is an abnormality!

Back