Keep loosing Frost Clipper!

Boghossian

Hi
Am I the only one to regularly lose Frost clipper knives when they unclip from my belt? They are cheap and easy to replace but a bugger to go hunting for your knife after a long and circuitous stalk, and once a deer is on the ground!
Any thoughts - other than lose weight so it won't pop off your belt?
Cheers

Gabriel

frost knives

gabriel i carry my knife in one of the pockets of the roe sack never have any problems till now
tom

I use the Frost Clipper but in bright orange. If you loose or drop it on the ground it should stand out like a sore thumb. There are probably lots of people who paid for expensive knives and due to the dull colour were never able to retrieve it, I would be gutted!!!

Steve

Never carry any Frosts on your belt...always in a pocket, the sheathes are so crap it's untrue.

Alternatively get yourself a good bit of leather and make a decent sheath for it. It's not too hard, I know a could of chaps who've done it with very satisfying results. I can find out more details if you're intersted.

No guarantee still doing - and no commercial connection etc etc etc

Dougster over on British Blades/ BCUK does leather sheaths for these. Will make left hand to order - also produces quite a few by accident when too distracted!

I ended up getting a small bag to put my stuff in, there's only so much I can stuff in my pockets, knives tend to be a bit too long to fit in my pocket. I found my Frosts unclip themselves too, though more when sitting down in a high seat...

The downside being that you get tempted to carry more, like a drink, a snack, spare knives, drag rope etc

Use a bit of bicycle inner tube, slip it over the clip to tighten it to the body and hold it firmly on the belt.

Works fine on no 2, no 1 was lost in the woods before I used inner tube!!!

Thanks guys I may try the tape idea on the next one. I don't fancy a leather sheath as I like to clean the whole lot in warm water when I get back from stalking.
I agree about the bag, for most of my stalking it is OTT and I would end up carrying a lot of weight. I like to keep things simple unlike with everyday life, so binocs, ammo, knife, phone and latex gloves pretty much covers it.

I always carry a deer bag with knives, drag rope, etc. etc. :!: Trouble is I used to think I didn't need the kitchen sink, but take it anyway, just in case!!! :D

I cut the belt part off, drilled a small hole, with the aid of a small split ring added a dog lead clip which simply clips onto a belt loop on your strides....

nell

Back