What scope do you have on a .22WMR fella's?

stratts

I have tried a Meopta 7x50 on my .22WMR and although it groups ok at 100yds it isn't quite tight enough for confident head shooting of bunnies out to this distance.

I'm thinking I need a higher fixed or variable mag scope but not sure what to get. I have a Nikko Gameking 4-16 x 50 to try off my Rapid but optically it's not on a par with the Meopta's.

Anyone use the WMR and if so what glass do you use?

I had budgeted £200 to get another Meopta for it so what variable or higher mag fixed scope, with fairly fine crosshairs, are out there suitable for this amount of cash?

Cheers

Stratts

Whats your rifle ? I have a CZ611 and was also wondering what scope to put on it in that price range.

images

Hey Stratts,

I no its not on a 22 wmr but i have a burris fullfield2 4.5-14x42 on my 22lr and its an awsome little scope for the money, they retailed at around £400ish new but you can pick them up mint second hand for around 200-250. Its really clear and bright glass and i think there really underated (and im a bit of a scope tart) it has the ballistic plex reticule which is handy. IMO its probably overkill for a 22lr as on full mag it will only focus down to about 40 yards with the ao so may be better for a cf or could do the trick on a 22wmr

Cheers BB

Go with the Meopta.
I use a Meostar R1 4-12x56 on my HMR and it's perfect for bunny headshots at well over 100m.

Triffid

the r1's are definatly cracking scopes but i think they retail at about £650 for the none illuminated so could struggle getting one secondhand for the op's £200 budget

I had a meopta meopro 4-12x50, i think meopta advertise this as there budget range, there about £350 new so you could maybe get one secondhand for around you budget and it was pretty good but did seem to suffer badly compared to the burris in low light thats why i sold the meopro and kept the fullfield for the rimmy

I have a £50 Walther 3-9 on mine!! stays at 7x
standard duplex ret

I have a £80 Nikko Stirling 8x50 on my .222, head shoot bunnies all day long

I would say your issue is reticule style not magnification......but I will give you £90 for the Meopta and take it off you hands!

Sorry, I assumed you'd be selling the 7x50 and topping up by £200. I agrees a Meostar for £200 is a little optimistic!
One just up on ebay today though . . .
​Triffid

Sorry, I assumed you'd be selling the 7x50 and topping up by £200. I agrees a Meostar for £200 is a little optimistic!
One just up on ebay today though . . .
​Triffid

No worries bud it would be nice but too much for my rimmie and bunny bashing!

Have a look at the Banner 6-18 x 50, much finer Multi-X than their 4-12 x 40. Set mine fixed at 8x although the AO can be awkward if you're not used to it. Good value if bought direct from the US. S

Last night I had a read of the 2013 Deben catalogue. I think their Euro range of scopes would fit the bill, 30mm tube, illuminated central dot and a varriety of magnifications. The specs look very good and precisely in you price range.

Suggest you get a look Uttings would be a good place to buy if you want to go this route.

D

The Bushnell Legend 5-15-40 is a great little scope and well within budget.
The optics will not be as good as the Meopta - but will be better than most other scopes within your price range.

ATB
Alan

The Bushnell Legend 5-15-40 is a great little scope and well within budget.
The optics will not be as good as the Meopta - but will be better than most other scopes within your price range.

ATB
Alan

yup as above really. got a couple of them one for air rifle one for 22lr. for the money you will find them hard to beat. and ideal for the ranges you need to shoot

I have a brilliant, old Weaver 3-9 A/O Varmint on my CZ 452. I have killed hundreds of salt-shaker-sized ground squirrels out to 140 yards using it and as many prairiedogs out that far as well. My Marlin has the identical scope. My Ruger 96 has a 2-7X Burris. My Brno 611 has no scope. My Savage Striker pistol has a Swift LER 2-6X... I don't remember the others.

If you can't head shoot a rabbit at 100M switch ammunition. All of mine shoot under MOA with ammo they like.~Muir

Worth pointing out that the new Bushnells are currently made in Korea, no problems with buying these in the US.

Plenty of Chinese made copies on the UK market, avoid these, they are cheap rubbish.

Avoid too any dealer who doesn't have it in stock and offers to buy it in for you, you might end up with a Chinese copy. I was offered a deal like this last year from someone who really should know better.

Vickers, a Bushnell distributor, went bust a couple of months ago ; the two other "exclusive" UK Bushnell distributors hold very low levels of stock and the temptation for some to fill your order with a Chinese copy may be quite high.

Best just to buy from or in the States. S

Worth pointing out that the new Bushnells are currently made in Korea, no problems with buying these in the US.

Plenty of Chinese made copies on the UK market, avoid these, they are cheap rubbish.

Avoid too any dealer who doesn't have it in stock and offers to buy it in for you, you might end up with a Chinese copy. I was offered a deal like this last year from someone who really should know better.

Vickers, a Bushnell distributor, went bust a couple of months ago ; the two other "exclusive" UK Bushnell distributors hold very low levels of stock and the temptation for some to fill your order with a Chinese copy may be quite high.

Best just to buy from or in the States. S

Lot of nonsense and bad advice there I`m afraid , You are saying that the U.S does not have counterfeit scopes ? Avoid dealers who dont have what you want in stock because they are likely to supply counterfeit goods ! Best to buy from the States ! so when you have a problem you then have to post your scope back to the states!

My advice is would be buy from an established UK dealer , pay with a credit card, this will give you cover , if you are suspicious you've been sold a counterfeit contact the manufacturer direct, keep your receipts and scope packaging .

Back