Broken hip flask

mikeakc

Hi all,
Random bit of guidance needed - I thought I'd ask here as there may well be some handy metalworkers in the gun world.

My fiance bought me an old hipflask - it's a beaut, glass and leather but the bayonet cap is broken and I'm looking for someone who can fix it.

Basically there are two problems:

1) the captive lid which should spin doesn't (it just needs releasing)
2) The little nob of metal which the bayonet should engage with and cinch on to is missing altogether. It should be a little square or dot of metal on the rim (like the one on the link below) but's gone entirely.

Any suggestions or contacts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

Google Image Result for http://www.bryandouglas.co.uk/silverware/flasks/j8723/j8723d.jpg

Fixed beautifully by a chap called Dave Whitton down in Perranuthnoe in Cornwall. Very professional and excellent communication via email. If anyone wants his email just PM me. Thought I'd put a comment on here as he deserves the recommendation!
Mike

Fixed beautifully by a chap called Dave Whitton down in Perranuthnoe in Cornwall. Very professional and excellent communication via email. If anyone wants his email just PM me. Thought I'd put a comment on here as he deserves the recommendation!
Mike

Could you post a photo? I have a very nice silver/leather glass flash as well but the cap comes completely off. When I found it, the cork in the cap was dried out and would not seal. Ended up buying a roll a gasket material from an auto supply. Took three layers before I had enough thickness to make a seal.

SS

Could you post a photo? I have a very nice silver/leather glass flash as well but the cap comes completely off. When I found it, the cork in the cap was dried out and would not seal. Ended up buying a roll a gasket material from an auto supply. Took three layers before I had enough thickness to make a seal.

SS

Will do some time this eve / tomorrow!

SS

Sealed with a new cork and dentists adhesive (pink rubbery stuff) as it's stable, flavourless and harmless. Cheers

Back