Hare coursers, Wilts

The tramp

Quick warning to anyone local to Bulford/tidworth area, blue Subaru Legacy with three burly pikeys and four lurchers doing the rounds in the above area. I have the reg if anybody local wants it. Police have been informed.

this exact crime is being discussed on BBC parliament as we speak 9 am Sunday morning prepare to have your cars seized and crushed pikeys! if the old bill ever catches them offcourse

Salisbury Plain is known for it's coursers, most are known by the relevent authorities, Police, Land Wardens, MOD Police etc.
Even if they are caught, which isn't very often, most get away with it through lack of evidence, that is if they even get past the CPS.
A keeper I know tackled some a few years ago and ended up with his windscreen smashed at the time and his wifes bicycle, which was outside his house, smashed up.
I think the bicycle thing was just to let him know they knew where he lived.
Nothing ever became of it.

Salisbury Plain is known for it's coursers, most are known by the relevent authorities, Police, Land Wardens, MOD Police etc.
Even if they are caught, which isn't very often, most get away with it through lack of evidence, that is if they even get past the CPS.
A keeper I know tackled some a few years ago and ended up with his windscreen smashed at the time and his wifes bicycle, which was outside his house, smashed up.
I think the bicycle thing was just to let him know they knew where he lived.
Nothing ever became of it.
Oh I know it's a losing battle against them on the plain, but letting the locals know might help deter the pikeys from destroying crops on private land, if they see people watching out for them that is :/

Pete

Back