Dog friendly UK holiday recommendations

Co1

Hello all. We go to the lakes several times a year for the great walking and the abundance of dog friendly pubs within walking distance, but I fancy a change. Which locations would you recommend between the Midlands and the trossachs (ish) that have 3 or 4 dog friendly pubs in the same village/town?

Cheers
Col

Hi Co1,

Perhaps try the Landmark trust website, they have some great properties to let and they let dogs stay in lots of them also prices aren't too bad .

Atb Scoby 270

George and Dragon Ashbourne Derbyshire is beyond dog friendly ,they give your dog treats whilst you eat dinner.Go on the Dog Friendly pubs website there,s plenty around the Peak District .There,s several pubs let you in with a dog all around a central square atb

Second vote for the Peak District, we use Cottages4You for booking cottages and the dog friendly guide as mentioned to then find what is in the area.

Depends what you are after really, what suits one wouldn't suit others. Bakewell is nice and most pubs and shops dog friendly, but some of the smaller villages are nice too.

I usually stay at the Trigony when I'm working at Drumlanrig & it's a real gem. They actually have one dining room (bar) where you can eat with your dog beside you, should you so choose. If you're feeling flush book the Garden Suite then you get a big bedroom with it's own conservatory & private garden plus the convenience of hotel living. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Trigony Hotel | Family Dog Friendly Hotel in Dumfriesshire

I can't imagine that there's a pub in the area that isn't dog friendly. Drumlanrig is definitely worth a visit & has lovely walks in the grounds too.

Cheers. Used to live in South ayrshire and I've been to drumlanrig castle, but never the village itself. Another one to add to the list!

Second vote for the Peak District, we use Cottages4You for booking cottages and the dog friendly guide as mentioned to then find what is in the area.

Depends what you are after really, what suits one wouldn't suit others. Bakewell is nice and most pubs and shops dog friendly, but some of the smaller villages are nice too.

that sounds great, thanks.

Back