Worcestershire meet up

I'm up for it, I'll go with whatever the crowd suggest though as I don't really know anywhere!

Edit: I will be at the Far Forest country show next Sunday if anyone is there by chance for a mini meet up. I hope and assume there's a beer tent...

Last edited:
I'll be up for that Norman. How about the swan at Whittington? Never been there but it's supposed to be ok and it's right by J7 of the M5 so pretty central to worcs?

regards

Jez

I would be up for a get together. Can I ask where everyone is based, as there are a few good pubs in Bewdley, which would be convenient for SimpleSimon and myself, but not ideal if everyone else is on the other side of Worcester.

I may pop in and annoy you all if it's Bewdley way, J7's a bit far for me though to be honest.

I would be up for a get together. Can I ask where everyone is based, as there are a few good pubs in Bewdley, which would be convenient for SimpleSimon and myself, but not ideal if everyone else is on the other side of Worcester.

Good idea if it's close enough for others, even the Weatherspoon's is alright. I don't mind a drive to anywhere though, within reason!

I'm keen for the pub in Bewdley, how soon could this be as I'm combining it 10 or so days time

Last edited:
Is this not a worcs meet up? Surely a pub near the centre of worcs would make sense for all? Or is it now a worcs/Black Country/Shropshire meet up???

Is this not a worcs meet up? Surely a pub near the centre of worcs would make sense for all? Or is it now a worcs/Black Country/Shropshire meet up???
Bewdley was just a suggestion based on the fact that it was convenient for me. I am quite happy to travel to worcester if that is more convenient for everyone else.

I'd also be up for this, I don't mind where we meet although Bewdley would be easier as I only live about 3 miles away at most.

I'd also be up for this, I don't mind where we meet although Bewdley would be easier as I only live about 3 miles away at most.

Where are you from, John, if you don't mind my asking?

We seem to have a few people interested now and the thread has been around a while, so I'll stick my neck out and say Bewdley is looking like the popular choice. If it is to be Bewdley, when shall we say?

Simon you have a pm, I'm pretty busy over the next week or so but could possibly jiggle things around depending on what everyone else wants to do.

John

A weeknight is probably more convenient for me as I am working most weekends, but I could still make it if I have a few days notice. Would next Tuesday at 7.30-8ish be good for everyone? I don't mind which pub, but I have heard good things about The Mug House which is on the riverfront near the bridge. Parking is available behind the Wetherspoons.

A weeknight is probably more convenient for me as I am working most weekends, but I could still make it if I have a few days notice. Would next Tuesday at 7.30-8ish be good for everyone? I don't mind which pub, but I have heard good things about The Mug House which is on the riverfront near the bridge. Parking is available behind the Wetherspoons.

No good for me, I'm working the night shift. I could do another evening that week though

No good for me, I'm working the night shift. I could do another evening that week though

Fellow stalkers I have researched various pubs in the surrounding area some TOO EXPENSIVE and cluttered ( Swan ) others plain awful so be it on my head but the Mug House in Bewdley Severn Side North with a covered Garden? area out the back with a reasonable garden menu which is only available on friday saturday and sunday 6.30 pm -10 pm NO ONSITE parking but car park close by.We can monopolise one of the large tables.

Meeting at MUG HOUSE Severn Side North Bewdley DY12 2EE ( it has a mass of hanging baskets outside ) FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4th from 7.0 pm to give people a chance to juggle their commitments. Look forward to seeing as many as possible.

morena

Back