Turning 44.

Thanks to the kindness of an SD member, I spent my 44th birthday stalking in Somerset yesterday. We saw plenty of deer, but only shot the one doe; it will live in my memory for a long time as it involved a very long and slow crawl across a field of rape, stopping every few yards until we got into position, and then waiting for the doe to stand up and present a broadside shot. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday, although the ribs are aching a bit to today! Several members of this site have invited me to stalk with them on their ground since I joined in 2009, and I've never failed to be amazed by their knowledge, generosity and patience; I haven't got the time to stalk as much as I'd like, but I have learnt a lot through time spent in their company.

Last edited:
Hi Rupert happy birthday for yesterday i have got a boat trip that might interest you i will give you a bell
PS
I hope the cake didnt go up in flames with all those candles on it
jon

Cheers, lads. Think my worry lines and thinning hair might be due to the game shoot I try to run....eh, Geordie? I will pass on your kind comments to Liz....through gritted teeth!

Happy birthday for a couple of days ago Rupert. Sounds like you had a great days stalking!

All the best.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Enjoyed reading your post about your weekend with Malc - well done on the muntjac. I'll pm you about the seafishing as soon as we get something sorted. ATB, Rupert.

44??

All those candles explain those 2 x news stories last week then.....

"Red Adaire on standby...." and "Unexplained surge in global warming originated from the Wiltshire area....." ;)

ATB mate :D

Back