New 260 Remington Christened!

Got my new custom 260 Remington from Border Barrels last week! got a 120 gr load going for it and dialled it in, lovely rifle to shoot " really light" and with the new "Hardy Mod" on it well balanced too!

Really chuffed should be a tool! Christened it on this buck! no probs whats so ever.

IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0362.jpg

Tommy / Tony sorry to disapoint only 60yrds neck shot! Pinging rabbits at 400yrds last night though, Tony IOR 5-25-50 mag. Getting geared up for Sika!!!

I expect to see many more T3 actions being used in semi customs.
That is exactly what I plan to do with my T3 action.
Again a 260 with a archer barrel from boarder. Red mist is doing mine!

Good job mine will be blued and huged by a FSW wood stock. Or I think I might get called a copy cat!
Nice rifle Von! What contor barrel did you use?

Last edited:
I expect to see many more T3 actions being used in semi customs.
That is exactly what I plan to do with my T3 action.
Again a 260 with a archer barrel from boarder. Red mist is doing mine!

Good job mine will be blued and huged by a FSW wood stock. Or I think I might get called a copy cat!
Nice rifle Von! What contor barrel did you use?

Hi slimjim

To begin with i kept the Tika regular barrel contour but decided on making it slightly heavier after chatting with Lee from Border Barrels. 24"length 1-8 twist. It’s a "cut rifle barrel" also.

Finished of load yesterday for it: 120g Hornady A-Max, 40gr RL15, 2980fts, 10thou of lands, Started at 36gr of RL15 and worked my way up carefully. It really liked 37gr but i was only getting 2715fts so again "carefully" worked my weigh up to 40gr and it came back in again and achieved 2980fps which will help regarding long range stuff i have planned for this rifle.

Last edited:
Mine will be a heavy tikka contor 28" cannon!
How do you get on with the rounds in the mag if you seating that close to the lands?
My views on that subject are well known. But I would have thought that the rounds only just fit in the mag!
Any feeding issues?

The T3 action is dismissed by most as being a shade of the 595/695. But I say balls to that. There no reason not to use them!

Better use a T3 than a remmy! :stir:

Mine will be a heavy tikka contor 28" cannon!
How do you get on with the rounds in the mag if you seating that close to the lands?
My views on that subject are well known. But I would have thought that the rounds only just fit in the mag!
Any feeding issues?

The T3 action is dismissed by most as being a shade of the 595/695. But I say balls to that. There no reason not to use them!

Better use a T3 than a remmy! :stir:

Hi Slimjim

I have inserted a link to a conversion you can get for the T3 magazine regarding better OAL! Might be of interest

http://shootingshed.co.uk/oscom/product_info.php?products_id=158

Back