picked this little beauty up recently

6x32
fine crosshair reticule
Japanese glass
still with original leather caps and in box

bargain!

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Nice,very nice. I bought one of those In Glasgow when I was 16. Can't remember the name of the shop though. It's been closed for years now.

I bought the same scope but in 4X a few years back in a pawn shop for $15. No caps but the darned thing holds a zero like it's glued into place.~Muir

I bought the same scope but in 4X a few years back in a pawn shop for $15. No caps but the darned thing holds a zero like it's glued into place.~Muir

I've got the same scope , or more accurately , had the same scope . It mysteriously ended up on my daughters Marlin lever. They're great little scopes .

AB

I had one of these on a 303 for years....never needed to be re zeroed.....bomb proof, just like the rifle......

my father's .270 still sports the same 4x32 Nikko it had when I first shot it 30 years ago.
don't believe it has ever been re-zeroed!

my father's .270 still sports the same 4x32 Nikko it had when I first shot it 30 years ago.
don't believe it has ever been re-zeroed!

These Nikko Stirling Special scopes were very popular in the 1970's and I wonder how much game they are responsible for taking? When looking something else out I came across my old 4x32 that originally came on my BSA 270. We decided that the fine cross hairs were not the best for woodland stalking so it was repalced by a scope with duplex cross hairs.

412470462.jpg

412470461.jpg

412470460.jpg

Never noticed or had forgotten that is has golden rings on it. The now silver oval sticker is of course the Japan Telescope inpsection sticker that they all used to have. Shame that something has marked the anodising on the eye bell that was not there when it was put into the chest drawer that I remember. The dust and muck was quite thick so it needed a gentle wash and wipe down. The view is still clear though and have to wonder how old it really is.

picked this little beauty up recently

6x32
fine crosshair reticule
Japanese glass
still with original leather caps and in box

bargain!

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

A little beauty.

1" tube not 25mm?

I have one too but with a German post reticle in gloss black.

Good for V bulls at 300 yds.

Always had a soft spot for NS, never really dismantled a scope before untill today.
was given a mountmaster from the scrap bin.
Well its beautifully made, reasonable glass, smooth zoom.
So why would they ruin it with the system for retaining the crosshair.
on this example the reticule is stamped out of a silver foil, then fitted to a threaded boss which is screwed into the erector tube?.
All very good when screwed up tight, but no means of headspacing so the crosshair corresponds with vertical

Always had a soft spot for NS, never really dismantled a scope before untill today.
was given a mountmaster from the scrap bin.
Well its beautifully made, reasonable glass, smooth zoom.
So why would they ruin it with the system for retaining the crosshair.
on this example the reticule is stamped out of a silver foil, then fitted to a threaded boss which is screwed into the erector tube?.
All very good when screwed up tight, but no means of headspacing so the crosshair corresponds with vertical

New NS not like old NS which appeared bomb proof due to build simplicity, no zoom?

Had one 4 x 32 about 8 years ago on a 22lr, very, very fine cross hair reticle with no posts, terrific glass.

My first scope was a NS 4 x 20 bought at Jack Hallam's sports shop in Whaley Bridge Derbyshire for my mk1 BSA Airsporter. I remember asking how much a 4 x 32 was but it was much more expensive for my 14 year old pockets.

My .270 has a NS Gold Crown 3-9 x 40 on it which shoots great,

Hi sorry to hijack the thread but what were the Nikko silver crown scopes like ?

Pretty good if vintage
there is a cut off where they went to pot!
should be no plastic on them, ideally fixed mag although I have a couple of zoom affairs and they work well
Lot of knock off variable ones out there

My .270 has a NS Gold Crown 3-9 x 40 on it which shoots great,
I have the same scope, I got on my first. 22 from forests in Kelso, I bought it 25 years ago, it was already second hand when I got it so I'm not sure how old it is, it's a fantastic scope, been on air rifles,. 243, . 22 and is as clear as a bell.

Back