Ammo Cost !

kevhumps

Just bought some .243 Rem. Accutip 75g rounds from a local agricultural suppliers, they worked out at £13.23 +vat ! Less than £15.90 a box !! Only allowed to purchase 60, so I better fire a few rounds off before I go back on Monday for some more!
Don't know if they've made a mistake, but the cheapest I've found over the last few years has been £21.00 a box. What you guys paying for factory, foxing rounds?

Kev.

One of the local agricultural merchants stocks cartridges and ammo. It moves very slowly and I suspect you might be buying old stock. They store it in an outside metal locker and that has no heating. Not sure how good that is for it!

Once loaded the ammo will last for years in almost any conditions, I would buy some at that price!

No, in fact I would buy LOTS

Bushwear sells .243 Privi for £15/20. Havent tried them yet as i have found Federal 100% accurate and reliable. (£24).

funny you mention agri suppliers, I asked a local family owned supplier who are just small scale when getting other stuff if they had some cartriges. The owner took me through to the store and showed me what they had, all express 5's and 6's with a bit of 3". Anyway, I bought everything they had. They hadn't sold a box of cartridges in years and I paid about £28 / 250 for the sporting and £40 for the 3". I was made up with it but clearly they hadn't a clue how the price of cartridges has shot up in recent years.

i recently went into a gun shop in a very small town and asked out of curiosity if they had any 375H&H rounds funny enough the girl said i think we have havnt sold any for years tho, she returned with 5 boxes of yellow and red boxed winchester silver tips at £18.75 a box and even did a deal on the 5. They weren't left there any longer!!

Bushwear sells .243 Privi for £15/20. Havent tried them yet as i have found Federal 100% accurate and reliable. (£24).
Kent Wool Growers (KWG) in ashford kent do 243 PPU's for £56 per 100 (£11.20p a box), my Tikka shoots both the 90 & 100g sp's to a sub 1" group so i use them as an all purpose backup round.The only thing i will say is i think they are a bit hard and don't seem to set up on impact as well as Norma, Federal or RWS.
From memory i think they do 223's for about £8 a box

Just been going through this with 25.06 ammo. Always use Federal Power Sock 117grn Border Gun Room was £34/20, then found Gardner Guns at £30/20. Was in Dicksons gun room in Edinburgh last weekend and they had them for £25/20 and Sako for £27.50. Last place I would have thought about going normally but was back in today and stocked up and saved a bit of cash which the boss then spent !

Spoke to another RFD, and he showed me his paperwork, he can't buy the Remmys from E.B. for the price I got them. They're charging him £14 odd, a box!
Kev.

Back