Lancs Firearms Robbery - I hope it's no-one on here...

its not me and i havnt heard anything about it yet,i think longridge is preston way,this is not the first time simular offence my bosses wife had the same happen to her.best wishes as well. doug.

its not me and i havnt heard anything about it yet,i think longridge is preston way,this is not the first time simular offence my bosses wife had the same happen to her.best wishes as well. doug.
Same AS Doud not heard any thing yet

It's not me and yes longridge is near Preston a bit out the way quite little village

Must have been horrendous for the woman and children there. I think there was a burglary at an RFD in recent months in Lancashire, was it Kelbrook Shooting Lodge, where some shotguns went? Wonder if they're connected.

I was going to speculate if the firearms belonged to the husband who wasn't there and if there was an issue with the criminals gaining access to them, but by the sounds of it I expect they came with enough heavy tools to sort out any reasonable security measures.

it was kelbrook and also tim mc avoys shop was broken into just as they moved premises,they seem to use the same tactics,ie quiet out of way ,no males about , scumbags fuelling drugs and robberies. the thing is theres no deterrant 18mnths with three square meals own telly games,own clothes when finished pat on back and a wage packet, see you in twelve mths bye.absolute scum ruining peoples lives .rant over.

Total fekin scum..

The poor lady and especially them kids will be carrying the psychological effects for the rest of their days...

Scum cowards the lot of them

Disgraceful and terrifying. Yes, Longridge is just outside preston. I hope the kids are not traumatised by it, but I guess they will not sleep too easy for the foreseeable future...

Some friends of mine were attacked in Hale, Cheshire.last month, similar MO, ski masks Liverpool accents stolen white transit van,

NO FIREARMS involved like, but all the girls were assaulted and a brick thrown at the vehicle. It has been/is being dealt with by GMP. Wonder if there is any connection?

possibly same lot according to police they have been doing this all over north west ,bosses robbery took all his guns and his dads tied his wife and daughter up locked them in gun room threatened his wife till she told were the keys were for the cars,then drove away in boyfreinds car as well ,she left the house he had to knock the house down and rebuild she wouldnt go back in the old one . ps he no longer shoots.

The friends of mine took a photo on their mobile of this van,which is of course how we know it was stolen, anyway telephoned Lancs Police and let them know the finer points.

At risk of controversy...

Yes sympathy for the wife and kids but how did she know where the keys were to the safe??? Unless she has a FAC covering the rifles she should not have access to them and that includes knowing where the keys are kept.

I think a lot of guesses might work when she was in that situation, nothing worth life of wife and kids you never know with this type of ar#####es. Hope family is ok

I thought the same thing, although we don't know whether they just ripped the cabinet off of the wall. To be honest, if she did give them the keys then it's probably a good thing - might have been a lot worse if she hadn't. I ended up drawing an analogy with a bank - while the staff have to be careful with security and not just give money away, during an armed robbery they are instructed to just do what they are told and reduce the risk of harm to themselves and customers.

I do hear what you're saying though...

Yes sympathy for the wife and kids but how did she know where the keys were to the safe??? Unless she has a FAC covering the rifles she should not have access to them and that includes knowing where the keys are kept.

Who said she had the keys it said some where they had a sledge hammer that would open most gun cabinets
DJC

Why presume that the woman would not be the FAC holder?

i never mentioned keys to safe or safes , i said car keys as they had four or five vehicles on the premises they had allready got the firearms/money/ jewelry whatever once they gained access to gunroom/office, :tiphat:

Back