New Competition - Win a pair of top Harkila Boots.

Wow!
These are the boots I am thinking about to get sooner or later... Now hopefully sooner:D!

May I ask a little question?....
We speak and read about safety all the time, so why is the bolt on the rifle closed all the time?...:doh:

Still dreaming about being drawn....:smug:

We speak and read about safety all the time, so why is the bolt on the rifle closed all the time?...:doh:

Because it rattles when open and I'm moving
Because it makes a noise when picking up a round and being closed
Because all manner of cr*p can get into the breech
Because there is one in the chamber for a quick shot
Because the safety catch is on at all times, unless I am in position, with my breathing correct (ha, yeah right - see quick shot comment) and quarry aligned in the sights

That's why I have my bolt closed

Farticus....
ou are absolutely right in the field and on the stalk, but definetively not in a situation like on this promo video!
Holding and pointing a closed barrel/rifle towards the camera, not the right and safe way....:eek:

Farticus....
ou are absolutely right in the field and on the stalk, but definetively not in a situation like on this promo video!
Holding and pointing a closed barrel/rifle towards the camera, not the right and safe way....:eek:

I think we need to assume that it is for "artistic licence" and that the rifle had been checked clear.

You're right though, but this all kicked off recently ref The Shooting Show when clearing an obstacle when out stalking

Hi guys thanks for entering and good luck on winning.

FYI the rifle the Night Vision is demo'd on are not real and actually the one in the DSA NV video has a broom handle for a barrel and the bolt is actually wooden so perfectly safe.

As those who visited us at the British Shooting Show would have used, we use them for demoing NV kit as it is a more natural realistic way of holding, and using night vision in a closed/private environment.

Last edited:
thenk you

got to be worth a punt.

only thing i have even won was a electric razor at the corporals mess christmas do in germany back in the day.

bob.

Back