NV gear for foxing?

leej

I'm thinking of moving into the world of night vision and would be glad of any experienced users advise please. Thinking of getting both monocular and scope, and I'm on a budget of roughly a thousand for each. Heard good noises about Pulsar 550 for the scope? but in the dark :cool::doh: as to which monocular? (sorry if I'm going over old ground)
Thanks in advance
Lee

Pulsar is crap- only good for rimfire ranges. Better of getting an archer gen 3 and a £500 second hand px adjustable dayscope.

I personally prefer the NVM14 from nightvisiongear.co.uk, they are very similar to the archer but I think smoother to use and a better mounting system.

If you have a grand to spend on each you are much better off spending £2000 on one and having a really great bit of kit

Buy cheap, Buy twice!

I use a Pulsar with a doubler lens and a lightforce 140 with IR filter. Shot foxes at over 200yrds and can easily ID them at 3 to 400yrds. Pulsar cost £700 and lens was £150 IR filter material £20.

I use a Pulsar with a doubler lens and a lightforce 140 with IR filter. Shot foxes at over 200yrds and can easily ID them at 3 to 400yrds. Pulsar cost £700 and lens was £150 IR filter material £20.
Same here. But you need the doubler on it. I have the somy lens and it's spot on, been told the Scott country doubler is pants. 200 yards is a damn good shot but 150 all day long. If your ever in Preston area come and try before you buy

Back