Leather stock extender for old shotgun

private fraser

I have a SBS that has stock dimensions different from what seems to be on offer re butt extensions on the market.
Just wondering if anyone has had one made or could make one?.
Thanks

ps... maybe someone has one for sale,right dimensions would be the thing obviously.

The lace up ones could work well as they look easy to take off and on (maybe a bit kinky :) )
I don't want the stock marked. It's not an expensive gun but it was made in 1925 in Birmingham and is still pretty nice.
I will contact them re the butt size from toe to heel etc.
Thank you.

ps...interesting website to browse through.

Pacmar or however you spell it make a good one with a Velcro strap non marking and easy to adjust fast to remove and fit.

Funny story came to mind. A friend bought an AyA SxS as a knockabout and lender gun for guests, quail hunting in the briars and tall grass. He got it cheap, because it had been drastically cut down to about 12 inches. We knew a gunsmith who liked to restore all guns, refinish stocks, and took it to him.

He saved everything, and said, "I have a piece cut off a stock which might fit." So he went to a drawer full of plastic bags of pieces of wood, forends he had duplicated, etc, and pulled out this piece of wood.

It fit perfectly. It was the piece off that shotgun, which he had shortened for a boy, 20 years before. What luck. He glued it back on, sanded the stock to blend in the joint, refinished it, and it is shooting fine here 12 years later.

Until decide what swivel stud to put on the butt of my combination gun, I may put on one of these leather pads with little padding, like the Kick-Killer ( only 1/2 inch added ), and add a swivel loop to it for a sling. It already has a swivel on the barrel.

Last edited:
Being tall I have use of these & have a few different ones. I was especially impressed with the last one I bought as it was available in 3 different sizes & was able to get one that fitted a Brno .22, which has a very small 'footprint', compared to my usual shotgun stocks.

Dicksons supplied my last one.

Pachmayr Deluxe Leather Slip-On Recoil Pad

Brno .22 LR, or Brno Model 22F centerfire carbine?
One of the ones I listed has 3 or 4 sizes, but I don't recall which one it is...Kick-Killer, I think.

Brno .22 LR, or Brno Model 22F centerfire carbine?
One of the ones I listed has 3 or 4 sizes, but I don't recall which one it is...Kick-Killer, I think.

Brno No. 2 .22 lr with deluxe wood. I use a slip-on with this as it's a useful rifle for a young or female novice to try with the extension removed.

As I have a l.o.p. of 16 1/2" my shotgun stocks really flare out when the wooden extension follows the existing lines, although I suspect that the subsequent larger surface area reduces the felt recoil.

The problem is mainly that the stock is quite slim so the "footprint" of the butt is too.
I may have the one I bought blind adapted,or buy one of the ones suggested by Southern or get one made to measure if I could find someone up to the job. Wife has horses and knows a saddler so that may work.
I can still shoot and enjoy the gun,all part of the interest. I'll post photo's of the gun soon as I can.

It took me a while to find the picture of this one, by Rivera. I still need to find my notes on who sells it.
It comes with and without a recoil pad, and with and without a cheekpiece riser. Nicely made, with cartridge loops, for a single shot or combination gun.
View attachment 52460

Back