Canny see me gear Kelso

widows son

Brian well done maximum effort well put together good choice of exhibitors producing the right noises .

it is never easy to cater for everyone ,but on looking at what was on show you guys had a bloody good go at it gold star to all that helped organize the event .

Now to the main event ,Ive never seen so many Harkila, Seeland, Ridgeline and Deer hunter clothes in the one place, it looked as it they had all just came in off the hill ,the people of Kelso must have shjt themselves ,with all that realtree cammo, what is it guys I'm puzzled by it,MMMMM its country show lets all dress as if we know what were doing ?????

But all in all a good day for me, well worth the couple of hours drive and cheap at a £5.00.

we had clients out at the weekend.
out of 6 guys who showed, 5 had pro hunters on, as did me and the other guide.
Through out the blizzards we all kept dry. I particulary like the adjustable hood and it never blew down once and didn't impede my view.
We looked like a Harkila store in the yard. LOL

I was very disapointed i never spotted the cammo and lurcher brigade i thought at least one would turn up to an indoor event with a lurcher in tow :lol:

I was very disapointed i never spotted the cammo and lurcher brigade i thought at least one would turn up to an indoor event with a lurcher in tow :lol:

Notice on the door "no dogs allowed" did you not see all the women standing outside lol

Its exactly the same in anything, don't think only stalkers are addicted to the gucci gear. Country shows are full of Dubarry, horsey events are full of Musto and Joules, sailing has Gill and pub fighting has Man-U :)

Might not have been full show of DPM but there were some hard line deer stalkers in full real tree and hill boots i was looking for a deer hanging in the chill but alas they musy have all blanked that morning.

Left the lurchers in the hoose this time

I was the hoody wearing bearded hippy with no cammo on whatsoever ! :D did have a chuckle at some of the folk ,, walking nomad adverts,, sweatin like pigs !

Brian well done maximum effort well put together good choice of exhibitors producing the right noises .

it is never easy to cater for everyone ,but on looking at what was on show you guys had a bloody good go at it gold star to all that helped organize the event .

Now to the main event ,Ive never seen so many Harkila, Seeland, Ridgeline and Deer hunter clothes in the one place, it looked as it they had all just came in off the hill ,the people of Kelso must have shjt themselves ,with all that realtree cammo, what is it guys I'm puzzled by it,MMMMM its country show lets all dress as if we know what were doing ?????

But all in all a good day for me, well worth the couple of hours drive and cheap at a £5.00.

What day did you go bob? Wish we could have met up hope your keeping well pal

Andy

And if you didn't have a pickup or land rover with spotlight on the roof in the car park you were well out of place. Surprised not to see an Argo or snowcat in the car park though.

Stalkers are a very strange breed of people.

Sadly I could not make the show but on Friday I popped in to my local gun shop to pick up some ammo.

In the shop where about 8 stalkers all kitted out in all their clobber. It was snowing heavily outside.

I asked for 100 rounds of ammo and out came all the chippy comments, ohh is the sun shinning where you are lad blah blah.

The funny thing is I had already been stalking shot 2 animals, got home showered changed and was on my way to London while these guys stood around discussing how rubbish the weather was while wearing all the kit.

​Very strange indeed.

When they walked in front of that realtree Isuzu Rodeo parked out the front they disappeared :lol:

Had to smile at the guys who were wearing high leg boots complete with gaiters!

WTF?! Venue was fully carpeted throughout! :D

I know, some even had the full shemagh thing going on too! my favourite was when there was a family with a kid in sneakers and training bottoms, hooded top and a nintendo, mother was in 'out and about weekend attire' and makeup, and the husband was in full stalking outfit, ready for the hill....

The one that made me chuckle was the guy getting his hand stamped on entry , it was covered in deer blood........ from the night before. I think he'd slept with plastic bags on his hands , or he'd rattled them round the ribcage before he left the house .:rofl::rofl:

Back