Ase utra jet z compact - cleaning

KB1

Have one of these on my 243 remy 700. Are these meant to be cleaned/ If so, how do you take them apart (or do you not take them apart?)

As above, I make sure mine is dry before putting it away. Also, a quick spray of oil inside sometimes (mainly if it's been out in the rain). I've put mine in the oven before aswell to dry it out!

As above, I dry mine on radiator but don't forget it and leave it to cook. It's a precision piece of engineering after all.
A quick squirt of wd 40 from each end and forget about it.
It's not for cleanaholics :).

​fraser

Last edited:
Have one of these on my 243 remy 700. Are these meant to be cleaned/ If so, how do you take them apart (or do you not take them apart?)
I read somewhere that you can weigh the mod to check for internal build-up of carbon and other residue and someone suggested they could be boiled out as long as it was thoroughly dried and wd40 applied after.

I have one that has seen heavy use for the last 10 years - it may have had a squirt of WD40 once, 6-7 years ago. It's fine, no maintenance/cleaning required, as long as you don't drop it in a pond or plug some snow or mud with it.

As above, I dry mine on radiator but don't forget it and leave it to cook. It's a precision piece of engineering after all.
A quick squirt of wd 40 from each end and forget about it.
It's not for cleanaholics :).

fraser

How hot do your radiators get???

These things are designed to get hot and cope with it, try holding yours after a 10-20 shot string.

ASE have a video on of one being shot on a full auto until it glows red hot

A little square of electrical tape over the muzzle of the mid keeps the worst of the rain out if shooting in foul weather.

ASE FB page now reccomending ultrasonic cleaning as carbon build up reduces moderation. I cleaned my 11 year old one and over 3 days removed 11 grams ie 4x 243 loads of powder. I think its had 3k rounds through it.

Back