Help required for history of Royal Stags head mounted 'Inchbae 1925'

debora

We have just purchased a fabulous mounted Royal (12 points) stags head 'Inchbae 1925'. I am very interested in trying to track down some of his history - who shot him, where he has been before we purchased him.....anything! He is in great condition and must have a few tales to tell. Please help anyone??

We have just purchased a fabulous mounted Royal (12 points) stags head 'Inchbae 1925'. I am very interested in trying to track down some of his history - who shot him, where he has been before we purchased him.....anything! He is in great condition and must have a few tales to tell. Please help anyone??
Do you have any photos?

Could that be the Inchbae estate just West of Garve on the Inverness to Ullapool road?

Just googled "Inchbae stag 1925"....is this the chap?

1106.jpg

....and this may help:

http://view.officeapps.live.com/op/...oryProject/documents/ESTATE%20NOTES%20ALL.doc

Inchbae gets a mention!

ATB,

Merlin

Hi I have only registered on this site because on doing an internet search regarding Inchbae I came across this thread and my husband knows about this stags head. It hung in Inchbae Lodge in the games room, which was later turned into a flat, until you purchased it. It was shot apparently at Strathrannoch which at the time belonged to Inchbae Estate, as was. When the estate was dissolved Strathrannoch was leased to Strathvaich Estate which bordered onto Inchbae Estate. Nothing now remains of Inchbae Estate and the shooting lodge was turned into a guest house, which we are looking into trying to reopen as a guest house

Back