.22lr left handed. What make are best?

royalstag

I want to buy a left handed .22lr. I would like to know if anyone has used one and what make you would suggest.
Thanks
Royal stag

Savage makes one with an accu-trigger that I have shot. Very accurate tho not overly ....fancy? CZ makes the 452 American in left hand and that is a nice bit of shooting iron. I am told that Browning made the T-bolt in left hand but I've never actually seen one.~Muir

Im looking for a left handed rifle in .17hmr and it looks like browning dont sell left handed T bolts in the uk. saying that they said that they dont sell a L/H A bolt in the uk even though I have one in 6.5x55!!

I suppose it depends what you mean by best.
CZ make a very accurate and reasonably priced .22 in left hand. The Anschultz whilst more money is a lovely piece of kit but may be no more accurate than the CZ. There is a lefty Cooper on Guntrader in 22. Rare in this country but expensive. Depends on your Budget really.

Yorkie.

i have a annie 1417 but my mate shoots the 1416 i think it is. that is lefthand bolt and shoots great. great trigger, and nice and compact

I used my CZ452 (left handed bolt) with H/V ammunition at the Monmouth shoot. Didn't want to alter zero from my normal sub sonics, so just used the point at the thick end of my duplex as point of aim. For a second hand sub £200 rifle it still put in a 91 on the stalking test. Quite reasonable in my opinion. I don't think you will go wrong with one of these.

Mark

The choices are startlingly limited unfortunately - pretty much wrapped up here. Nothing wrong with the CZ's at all - but I do like my Savage.....

I used my CZ452 (left handed bolt) with H/V ammunition at the Monmouth shoot. Didn't want to alter zero from my normal sub sonics, so just used the point at the thick end of my duplex as point of aim. For a second hand sub £200 rifle it still put in a 91 on the stalking test. Quite reasonable in my opinion. I don't think you will go wrong with one of these.

Mark

Mark: This is what I do for my Brno #5 when zeroed at 50M for standard HV ammo. The tip of my lower duplex is almost spot on at 100 yards. I'm assuming you used your upper duplex for your stalking shoot??~Muir

I currently use a left hand CZ. Prior to that I had an Anchutz with a short barrel and a thumbhole stock. It was also a good rifle. If I hadn't had it jointly owned with a mate I would have kept it ,but we ended up needing one each so I let him keep it.

Atb,
Nelson

Mark: This is what I do for my Brno #5 when zeroed at 50M for standard HV ammo. The tip of my lower duplex is almost spot on at 100 yards. I'm assuming you used your upper duplex for your stalking shoot??~Muir

Hi Muir,
I hope we are on the same wavelength.

I have my rifle set up for bunnies zeroed at around 55 yards using the cross hair when loaded with a 40grn sub sonic Winchester round.

I found at 100 yards the tip of the lower duplex was almost spot on using 40 grn RWS high velocity ammunition. It equates to about nine inches of hold over.

Clear as mud?

All the best,

Mark

Hi Muir,
I hope we are on the same wavelength.

I have my rifle set up for bunnies zeroed at around 55 yards using the cross hair when loaded with a 40grn sub sonic Winchester round.

I found at 100 yards the tip of the lower duplex was almost spot on using 40 grn RWS high velocity ammunition. It equates to about nine inches of hold over.

Clear as mud?

All the best,

Mark

We are. With my Leupold 2-7X and Aguila 40 grain HV, my rifle sighted in 1/4" high at 50M will be spot on (+/- a tad) at 100 using the tip of the lower duplex post. Makes it convenient, eh??~Muir

jonathankent

Thanks for that info, upto now my local rfd has said he cant get them.
*Edit* just spoken to wilson & wilson and they import the L/H T bolt from belgium so they may not be available through browning int.
regards

simon

Last edited:
Back