Tikka M55 opinions

jase kaye

I have just been gifted a Tikka M55 Varmint in .223 in what looks like a deluxe stock(lovely figured walnut),it comes with a PES mod ,Harris bipod and 30mm Optiloks ,the variation went in yesterday morning at 9.00am:D Iknow this rifle puts bullet on bullet at 100yds with Hornady 55g vmax I'm just wondering what peoples veiws are on the m55 ,I have owned a M595 but it's my understanding that the M55 is an even older model,not that I'm complaining:D.
Jase.

There's no reason why I can't keep it mate,it will be used for fox and vermin and will be my go to rifle for everything except deer,then I'll use my .270.

M55 = brilliant rifle!
Mine is also in 223, it's the Master Sporter version with heavy barrel & adjustable stock comb. Enjoy!!
All steel furniture - no plastic in sight! Old - yes, well made - yes, shoots well - yes!

Ian

There's an opinion - with which I don't find reason to disagree - that Tikka & Sako these days manufacture pretty good rifles... before that they crafted great ones!

Why, what was wrong with the last rifle you bought? :eek:

The last one was knackered.............:eek:. no only kidding mate,John was refering to with my job I usually find something I want to keep then work gets slow and I have to sell it,this time it's come free gratis,so I wont have to sell this one or down grade,.......any news on your variation Dan?
Jase.

Back